Sierra Gamechanger bullets.

If you went from marginal (<1.5) to over 2.2 you are doing something wrong.

Used the same numbers from the Berger calculator and plugged them into another model (JBM Ballistics) provided by another member. Only thing different I had to enter was the length of the Sierra bullet tip measured with a caliper as best I could. That's the number it kicked out.

IMG_2992.JPG
Mine showed up today. Loaded a few up for my 6.5x55 and my buddy's 6.5-280AI.
Pictured L-R 120 Nosler BT,130 Sierra Gamechanger and 140 Berger VLD

i'm guessing they didn't want something someone would shoot out of a .300 WM. I called and talked to Sierra, asking them to produce a 6.5 in the 140s and a .308 over 210 and i'll try them...until then my 6.5x285 will stay with the berger 140 and my 300 WM will stay with the 215 Hybrids.

First I said "I THINK", not I know. There is not a sort of bond between the jacket and the lead core, not even a locking nich in the jacket. Meaning core and jacket seperation a very good posiblity. The NLAB has a fused jacket to the core, and a longer boattail to help at long range.
If these are nothing but an SGK with a ballistic tip I can't see them changing anything really, they will still break up way too easily for me.

It is sad that there are so many negative comments regarding the Game Changer bullets when few of us have seen them and even fewer of us have any real world experience shooting them. It appears to me that Sierra released a new range of bullets with little fan fare but made sure that they were available when the announcement was made. In the past I have found Sierra to have been honest about their bullets and always answer questions I may have had about their products. Please try these new bullets and let us all know what you think of them. If they are good that's great, if they are bad please tell us why. At least then when they finally arrive down here in the South Pacific I will know whether to buy some or not. My money is on buy some!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.