Sierra Gamechanger bullets.

I'm sure they are great hunting bullets, like a ballistic tip or SST, but hardly a game changer...cool name, had me going.

I actually really like their new bullet name "Game-changer"--- they have always had names like game king, match king, and blitz king---so keeping the "game" part of it for a hunting bullet was good---then I feel they used the "This changes everything" marketing ploy that Hornady dished out in Oct of 2015 when they came out with the eld tips--kinda of a spoof on Hornady I feel, the tips on the new gamechanger bullets look very similar to the first Hornady eld tips that came out (other than the color) s they are transparent green and the Hornady tips were transparent red (now they are opaque red due to patent issues)

I hope they have lower expansion thresholds near 1300-1400fps like the eld-x and the ABLR but still hold together well at higher speeds too, that would be a "game-changer"

The 130 isn't released. The 165 7mm is .610
says .510BC for 6.5mm on the midway site, 6mm is .49, .277 is .508, 7mm is .61 and .308 is .53
Looks like they might have went with a more heat resistant tip, pure speculation though.
My thoughts exactly as they are transparent green (just like the first eld version released by Hornady)

Sierra is not advertising they are for LR or that the tips are heat resistant so we'll have to wait for more info

Last edited:
I actually really like their new bullet name "Game-changer"--- they have always had names like game king, match king, and blitz king---so keeping the "game" part of it for a hunting bullet was good---then I feel they used the "This changes everything" marketing ploy that Hornady dished out in Oct of 2015 when they came out with the eld tips--kinda of a spoof on Hornady I feel, the tips on the new gamechanger bullets look very similar to the first Hornady eld tips that came out (other than the color) s they are transparent green and the Hornady tips were transparent red (now they are opaque red due to patent issues)

I hope they have lower expansion thresholds near 1300-1400fps like the eld-x and the ABLR but still hold together well at higher speeds too, that would be a "game-changer"

Yeah now that you mention it, maybe they meant game changing as in changing game into meat!

Attachments

• Lincoln Osiris.png
    Lincoln Osiris.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 294
I would like to know how you know this?
First I said "I THINK", not I know. There is not a sort of bond between the jacket and the lead core, not even a locking nich in the jacket. Meaning core and jacket seperation a very good posiblity. The NLAB has a fused jacket to the core, and a longer boattail to help at long range.

First I said "I THINK", not I know. There is not a sort of bond between the jacket and the lead core, not even a locking nich in the jacket. Meaning core and jacket seperation a very good posiblity. The NLAB has a fused jacket to the core, and a longer boattail to help at long range.
Fair enough, but I tend to withhold judgment until actual testing is done. By testing I mean bullets in animals and consistent and useable BC for long range. Neither of those parameters are necessarily beneficial from a longer boat tail.

I'm surprised somebody from Sierra isn't on here spilling the beans about this new bullet. After all we're the dorks who get excited about a new bullet and rush out to try a box.
To be honest I'm as excited about these as I was the eld line, but once I tried them and bc held up I became a convert. Now my bullet shelf is crammed with red cartons most which have eld on them while my kids play with empty yellow, orange, blue, and green plastic bullet cartons as building blocks.

They stick that shiny green tip on a 183 smk profile bullet, I'm really interested!

I would love to see Sierra make a long, sleek, 170-175 grainer for, the .270 WSM that equals, the Berger 170 grain EOL at, .660 BC ! That would be a real, long range,.. "Game changer" !

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.