Shooting after cataracts surgery

I had my surgery this morning to rotate the IOL. All went well. Now waiting and hoping the vision will clear up. Should know something in the next couple of days. Praying 🙏.
Hope it works. I'll spare the details but they are very clear on how unhappy I am and my desired outcome. Surgery scheduled the 10th.

Hey Rick, that's great news they got the axis corrected and you can definitely see the improvement. The more cylinder power in a lens, the more precise the doctor has to be w/the alignment. It sounds like they did well this go round.

Hey Rick, that's great news they got the axis corrected and you can definitely see the improvement. The more cylinder power in a lens, the more precise the doctor has to be w/the alignment. It sounds like they did well this go round.
Yes they did. There is a small amount of blurry vision, but that comes and goes so I am associating that with post op inflammation and the eye drops.

I agree w/your assessment. With some time healing (three to five days) the small amount of blur your getting should resolve. Cornea gets angry during the surgery and swells a bit.

Also, the body senses a "foreign invader" in the eye from the instruments used during surgery and sends out white blood cells in response ('cell & flare'). With time it should all resolve. In your case, since the lens was just rotated a bit, there shouldn't be a lot of time in healing.

Did they give you drops to take? If one is "milky" shake the hell out of it before use. Smack it on a table a bit (bottom of bottle) to get the steroid particles to free up and float around. That will help it be more effective at fighting the inflammation.

I agree w/your assessment. With some time healing (three to five days) the small amount of blur your getting should resolve. Cornea gets ****ed off during the surgery and swells a bit. Also, the body senses a "foreign invader" in the eye from the instruments used during surgery and sends out white blood cells in response ('cell & flare'). With time it should all resolve. In your case, since the lens was just rotated a bit, there shouldn't be a lot of time in healing.

Did they give you drops to take? If one is "milky" shake the hell out of it before use. Smack it on a table a bit (bottom of bottle) to get the steroid particles to free up and float around. That will help it be more effective at fighting the inflammation.
Yes and I have been aggressively manipulating the bottle. In fact, I believe I picked up this tip from you on a previous post. Thanks.

Well, it's been about two weeks after the second surgery to reposition the IOL. The first two or three days all was really well, but now not so much. Vision is now blurry so I don't know if it is from the surgery, eye drops or a missed prescribed prescription. Going to give the Dr a call in the morning, however I do have an appointment in a bit over a week…so frustrating.

I might mention my vision appears to be better later in the afternoon…not sure why.

Well, it's been about two weeks after the second surgery to reposition the IOL. The first two or three days all was really well, but now not so much. Vision is now blurry so I don't know if it is from the surgery, eye drops or a missed prescribed prescription. Going to give the Dr a call in the morning, however I do have an appointment in a bit over a week…so frustrating.

I might mention my vision appears to be better later in the afternoon…not sure why.
My surgery is Tuesday. Terrified right now. My right is pretty bad and honestly should do it vs correcting the left eye. I can at least get by for now. Ugh, what a pia we are both dealing with. Get a hold of the doc asap man. Seems like you should not be going through this. I know I'm addressing dry eye issues with all this. Wonder if this is an issue for you?

My surgery is Tuesday. Terrified right now. My right is pretty bad and honestly should do it vs correcting the left eye. I can at least get by for now. Ugh, what a pia we are both dealing with. Get a hold of the doc asap man. Seems like you should not be going through this. I know I'm addressing dry eye issues with all this. Wonder if this is an issue for you?
Been using drops for dry eye 4 times a day so I don't think this is the issue. Going to give them a call in the morning.

Good luck and prayers for you on your surgery. Keep us posted.

Recent Posts