Shed Hunting

I dont believe that its legal to sell them in Pa.
I have known a local guy who lives near our camp for about 60 years who has a very large collection. Quite a few matching sets, some from the same bulls in different years.
He found another very large matching set this year also.
But he is now about 80, and its taking its toll on him, he can no longer get out there as he has in past years.

You should see if he will tell you where his spots are 🤠
I dont believe that its legal to sell them in Pa.
I have known a local guy who lives near our camp for about 60 years who has a very large collection. Quite a few matching sets, some from the same bulls in different years.
He found another very large matching set this year also.
But he is now about 80, and its taking its toll on him, he can no longer get out there as he has in past years.

You should see if he will tell you where his spots are 🤠
I pretty much know where his spots are.
He like many others in that area has them in his yard on a regular basis. Especially him, since he always has a large garden.
If they arent there, they as a rule wont be far away.
Main thing is having the interest in doing that.
Being there full time and observing them is also very helpfull.
Yesterday he had his horns, today he dosent, certainly narrows down the search area.
And regardless of what opinion you might have, eastern states like PA for example are a whole different situation than western states, especially as for Elk.
The pictures dont lie, most of the Elk are to be found near the populated areas. Thats where they live, and thats where most of them die.

Out west you can hike for days in thick sign and not find a horn.More popular now ,more people out .So the horn and older horn gets found.In NWEST where I'm at big game has been hammered by predators, so tougher yet. Ive had 20 horn days thou, where I could barely carry them all.

IMG_8531.jpeg
IMG_8531.jpeg