Shed Hunting

Not really a shed, but I found this deep in some brush while tracking someone else's deer. It looked exactly like you see here, just sitting in the dirt.

Attachments

• IMG_6552.jpeg
    IMG_6552.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 200
My Friend who hunts pheasant with me all winter, Fly fishes the streams of N.J and Pa all summer. Over the years He has found the remains of many dead bucks along the edges of these streams. I forgot the name of the disease that causes the bucks to search out water, and often die in the streams.

My Friend who hunts pheasant with me all winter, Fly fishes the streams of N.J and Pa all summer. Over the years He has found the remains of many dead bucks along the edges of these streams. I forgot the name of the disease that causes the bucks to search out water, and often die in the streams.
EHD, or Blue Tongue. Episozoic Hemorrhagic Disease. . I'm sure I spelled it wrong. But that is it.

Blue Tongue

How'd everyone do this shed season?
Find places where the critters have to jump. A fence or whatever. Found plenty along fence lines.
I found this shed in my pasture the main beam is over 26" long and the G2 is 12 plus he must be nocturnal because I'm in that field nearly every day and haven't seen him yet gonna have to get several cameras up. He's not a monster for certain regions of the country but he's pretty good for middle Tennessee

Attachments

• 20230221_164206.jpg
    20230221_164206.jpg
    718.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 20230221_164124.jpg
    20230221_164124.jpg
    936 KB · Views: 129