Sendero fans, What is your favorite round?

i shoot 210 bergers , but have not shot any game just targets out to 1000 yards. for deer we just us a a 165 balitic tip

WildRose,

Amazing results at 300 yards for factory ammo, even from reloads coming out of a
factory gun. I have to say the driver also has to be doing a pretty good job.

Good Shooting!

WildRose,

Amazing results at 300 yards for factory ammo, even from reloads coming out of a
factory gun. I have to say the driver also has to be doing a pretty good job.

Good Shooting!
Man I just try to get steady and hang on to it HA!

The rifles and ammo are doing the hard part.gun)

I get my hits, I get my misses. I have my good days, and I have days when I'm looking down the barrel from the muzzle end to see if it's bent.

I dont' let any of them bother me too much.

Homer Johnson who first started me long range shooting about 40 years ago taught me the most important lesson I ever learned about shooting, and that was just to relax and let it happen. One of my favorite quotes from him was when I asked him one day, "How'd you learn to make so many fantastic shots", and he answered, "By missing a hell of a lot of them and figuring out why".

The more relaxed and comfortable you are with what you are shooting, the better you will shoot, the better you shoot, the more confident you will be, behind the trigger, the more confident you are, the more relaxed and comfortable you will be... .

I'll tell you this, I've learned that when I miss a couple and cant figur out why, or pull a couple, and get frustrated, it's time to either walk away and relax or relax and pick up a different gun for a bit.gun)

Once you get frustrated it'll just go down hill from there.

I believe all them tips are great and very truthful.

My goodness, I guess when you have to look at the other end of the barrel to see
if it's strait, it must be a bad shooting day. :D That's funny, I can see me doing
the same... :)

I would have to say it's my 7mm stw. Shooting the 175gr eldx at 3200fps.
I have owned and love three senderos, in 7stw.
I bought one of the very first. Then a second one , a few years later. I then, built one, from a barely fired 7mag stainless fluted, that was a fly killer. Nothing got away from them. I had a love affair with that caliber for a lot of years. No regrets. One bad Hombre.

I have owned and love three senderos, in 7stw.
I bought one of the very first. Then a second one , a few years later. I then, built one, from a barely fired 7mag stainless fluted, that was a fly killer. Nothing got away from them. I had a love affair with that caliber for a lot of years. No regrets. One bad Hombre.
This one is a sendero ll sf. I have a custom being built and will be done next week 🙂 you can say I have a love for the caliber as well.

7mmremmag it was even better when I got rid of the crappy stock they come with .
Screenshot_20220625-214316_Gallery.jpg

I just picked up a Sendero in a .300 Win Mag, and wanted to get a few opinions from fellow Sendero shooters about which round they like best out of their weapons for long range hunting (Muley's and Elk). I'm open to comments about factory and handloads. The June/July issue of EHJ had a pretty interesting section on factory rounds, and I wanted to know what other Sendero shooters had to say. Thanks for your opinions guys!
My 7mm Rem Mag would shoot one hole with 168 gr ABLR.
WD0BOrj.jpg

Recent Posts