SCHOOLS- no longer soft targets

Maybe teachers carrying isn't as rare as I thought. My daughter told me about another school in Texas. CBS news did a report about a teacher in Colorado. Plus a city in Florida just passed a bill allowing it's teachers to carry. Hopefully the ball will keep rolling and gaining momentum.

I saw that story too. He carried a Glock in his Cowboy boot. It was loaded, but had no round in the chamber. He said "School policy does not allow the weapon to have a round in the chamber". He also said that he would not hesitate to use it to protect his students.

We need more teachers like him for sure.

The bigger the bang the more will die as a rule. Bombs will kill more at one time than a bullet will- Oklahoma city bombing- bigger ones that dropped on Japan. No church, school or any other establishment is immune from a wacko wanting revenge, none!! What I'm saying is, crazies will turn to other methods if they can not get a gun. The bigger the bomb the more that will be killed and injured. They may be hundreds of miles away when they detonate. Waite till someone gets on the black market and gets grenades and law rockets I would much rather go up against a gun. The Indians were even able to get guns, there are those out there that will supply anything for the right amount of $$$$$$$$$$.

None of this happened when I was growing up. Do you think it is because of the breakdown of the American family? I saw Ann Coulter on TV. She said these shootings were caused by first or second generation immigrants. Maybe immigration is where we need to start?

None of this happened when I was growing up. Do you think it is because of the breakdown of the American family? I saw Ann Coulter on TV. She said these shootings were caused by first or second generation immigrants. Maybe immigration is where we need to start?
Look at what is happening world wide. God has taken a back seat and he is now showing his wrath. Our forefathers set this nation up as one nation under God, but in the 60's the Federal Government basically left one atheist woman take the Holy Bible out of our schools. Things have gotten worst ever since,and will only keep getting worst till the end. There will be far worst things than guns used I am afraid.

Breaking down of Family's I have to agree with would not help one bit. Another thing I think that plays a role in it is The movies and video Games that are out there now. It seems like the more killing and destruction it them the bigger the hit they are. Also look at the music Industry. How much stuff is the young generation listening to that talks about hate and killing?

I believe the entertainment Industry has not help the problem one bit.

Not to mention one of the End time signs from the Bible is. They will call good evil and call evil good. Whats happening Now???

The problem is that those kids are being educated by liberal libtards. They are not getting American History anymore libtards figure if you ignore it or deny it, it did not happen, some schools don't even teach kids to write in cursive anymore. The next problem is that in less than 5-10 years those libtard educated students will be the voting force. Us older generations are not going to be here forever and sadly guess what else will not be here forever. We need to reform our schools immediately or our "land of the free" will be the "land of the sheep".

I am in total agreeance of arming our teachers if we can find ones smart enough to know which end to hold where.

Israeli teachers are armed, how many school shooting have you heard of in Israel.
You got it right! I live in a liberal county in Oregon. That's the state with the anti-gun liberal Gov. "two way Kate". I can't see rational thought getting a toe hold in the new Oregon. (I treat liars, liberals and trash the same. Just as they should be treated.)

A person has to stop and ask. What has changed to make shooting up a school full of kids an option? When I was in high school, guns were everywhere. Like in the back of trucks in the parking lot. My friends had bad days at school. So did I. We had trouble at home, and trouble at work. The thought of shooting our class mates just didn't occur. So what has flipped the switch in the minds of this generation? Trained not care about human life by all the video games? No connection to reality thanks to social media? Some types of music driving it into their brains that murder is cool? A justice system which prevents parents from whoopin a butt, when a butt really needs whoppin? Or, parents letting "the system" raise their children, cause they just don't feel like being parents.
Or, maybe, just maybe, this is all just a symptom. A symptom of a long running, slow moving, plan. A little look back in history may hold some answers.

Opinions welcomed.........

A person has to stop and ask. What has changed to make shooting up a school full of kids an option? When I was in high school, guns were everywhere. Like in the back of trucks in the parking lot. My friends had bad days at school. So did I. We had trouble at home, and trouble at work. The thought of shooting our class mates just didn't occur. So what has flipped the switch in the minds of this generation? Trained not care about human life by all the video games? No connection to reality thanks to social media? Some types of music driving it into their brains that murder is cool? A justice system which prevents parents from whoopin a butt, when a butt really needs whoppin? Or, parents letting "the system" raise their children, cause they just don't feel like being parents.
Or, maybe, just maybe, this is all just a symptom. A symptom of a long running, slow moving, plan. A little look back in history may hold some answers.

Opinions welcomed.........
Things turned bad when the government let the bible be taken out of the schools. Now there is no respect for GOD or fellow man.

Confiscate our guns. That is their solution. They have tunnel vision. I think they do not want to believe there can be any fault except for the gun. DCAN and Buck without doubt you are both on the right track. Our kids now grow up learning from the phone, I pad, computer, and TV. Maybe we ought to confiscate those? I can remember owning a gun and bow at age 12. I spent any spare time(when not working) fishing or hunting. I don't have an answer as to how we can turn back the clock or change these things. One thing I can do is to try to take more young people hunting and fishing.

As the facts have unfolded and "intelligent" people ask the question"How could a shooting like this been avoided?", the true picture gets painted:
Turns out the FBI received a highly detailed tip one month prior to the shooting, and dropped the ball. The security guard on duty froze for 4 of the 6 minute duration of the attack...too late! Local police officers "hid" when the call came in. The police chief immediately, in an attempt to cover this act of cowardice up, within an hour made a phony public statement condemning the weak gun laws as the major reason behind the tragedy......where's the accountability, repercussions, and outrage? Instead we get the liberal BS attacking gun rights, and a bunch of children being exploited and manipulated for a political crusade against the 2ND Amendment. We can only hope that intelligent people are in the majority.

I have seen the same thing happen with suicide in my Town...Our Suicide Rate is well above the National average for teenagers... It all started to go up at an accelerated rate when Schools started making a big deal out of it... Bringing in Grief Councilors making week long events so kids could get all their feelings heard... Kids saw the Cheerleaders crying in the Hall when the least popular kid commuted suicide when if he had even walked within 10 feet of her she turned up her nose at him before that... Suicide prevention ads are on TV almost everyday... The TV news reports on all the grief and ribbons and signs and crying kids... I firmly believe all this stuff is encouraging kids to do it... I'll show you and make everyone sad... get the attention... When I was in school I can only remember I think of 3 people who took their own life... It was not talked about , manner of death wasn't in the News Paper.. it was swept under the Carpet..There are many overlap as to why school aged shootings and suicide happens.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.