• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SCAM ALERT! user name "USASTRIPES"!

Wonder if the krink kit that was previously mentioned was this ad that hunternhunter posted today?
https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/tula-krink-parts-kit.195033/

He's also got a PSL ad in the gun section, too. Stinks to high heaven.
I noticed that also. Same kind of operation.......join with a flurry of "atta boy" posts, presto they're well known members. Then start selling good stuff at attractive prices. I've passed up 3 scopes, I really wanted, because I didn't feel right, after checking their posts. Getting to be a PITA, sorting out the bad guys from the mostly good people on LRH.

He's interacting with guys on the forum and giving them advice too. I'm on a couple of threads with prohuntersmind...ugh

I was scammed about a year ago, it still burns me to think about it. These people have Zero morals. He continued to stay in touch with me, i had a physical address, name, ect. Contacted the local county sheriffs office, they went out, interviewed the guy at the address the MO was sent to. He said, he'd never heard of me, denied ever getting the MO. I was able to chase the MO down to the bank, even the teller who took the MO and put it in a account. I came to the conclusion the guy at the address was probably a ''money mule''. His job was to recieve the Mo's and deposit them in an account. Then, i'm guessing he got a percentage.

I contacted the ATF, State attorney gen, post office, postal inspector, you name it, i contacted them. It did absolutly no good. If i had it to do all over again, i'd report the MO stolen, that way you might be able to get some of your money back. I was out 750.00 and right up to the time i put the MO in the mail i had this little voice telling me, ''Its a scam, don't send this guy any money". But, it was too good of a deal to pass up, it was my fault for not listning to my gut feeling. Lesson learned.

New guy here...I specifically joined this site recently because of that Krink kit linked in a previous post. Seemed to be too good of a deal, but thought it was worth a little investigation. Got an email from "Clyde", but would only accept USPS MO because of some incredibly fishy story about the bank taking his funds if he used Paypal.

Starting to do a little searching, and found all these threads on this "Clyde" guy, which made me immediately back out of the sale. Looks like he's using the username "hunternhunter" now, so buyer beware. Just wanted to post a quick thanks to everybody - these threads are incredibly helpful, and helped me from getting scammed.

I thought there was a specific "spot" here we could report scammers. I saw another place here that called out several as scammers, but I can't find a specific heading for this. I almost got burned by Blumboss33. There's another guy posting for NF scopes under the name Jason Aubin. Then I got a reply from a Nel with a different email address. All three of these have a language issue; like they ain't from here! It's something in the way they write that says Mexican? I also am noting from these posts that they are mostly in the Western part of the USA, short time on site and give "odd" requests for payment and curios reasons for selling. Yes, we do have some really fine people here and I have bought many things here in the past. But from now on, due diligence is very much needed!

yeah, and it doesn't help that you can be a "well-known member" with under 100 posts. I find myself being cynical/skeptical of any newer member that chimes in on threads just to get their post count up. Seems to be a rash of them on this site, specifically, lately.

yeah, and it doesn't help that you can be a "well-known member" with under 100 posts. I find myself being cynical/skeptical of any newer member that chimes in on threads just to get their post count up. Seems to be a rash of them on this site, specifically, lately.

Yes and a lot have a join date of 07AUG17...these assholes are just ruining the site.

These ''people'' are heartless, as i mentioned above, i was scammed, i emailed the guy back and laid a guilt trip on him. Get this, he said he'd try to get my money back for me!! BIG JOKE, i knew it too. So, he sends me a check!! For 3 plus times the money! Says to put it in my account, keep an extra 50 dollars and send the rest to a address in Texas. I knew it was a fake check, had it checked out. Then i emailed him telling him i had burned the check in our stove. Oh boy, he really laid it on me about how hard he worked for his money, etc, etc, all a big show. If a deal sounds too good to be true, and the person's only been on the site a short time, its a trap. But, people still continue to be scammed year around.

So, if you've read these postings this far, and still send money to a person about a ''good deal'' it's on you. I would hate to have anyone else learn the hard way. There has been scammers almost since the beginning of time, i doubt things have changed that much up to now. So, buyer beware

I knew it was a fake check, had it checked out. Then i emailed him telling him i had burned the check in our stove.
You should have given it to the police, since writing a bad check is a crime, and sending one through the mail can make it a Federal crime.

You should have given it to the police, since writing a bad check is a crime, and sending one through the mail can make it a Federal crime.

I did every thing possible to get this guy caught, all to no avail. Read my previous posting, trust me, i turned over every ''rock'' i could to get this guy busted.

Believe me , if "they" did that, con me out of significant dollars, you can bet I'd take a road trip too. There would be the proverbial hell to pay too! But, as said before, use caution and due diligence to avoid the con in the first place. I got very lucky and didn't lose. Next guy tried it and my alarm bells went off very loud so that one didn't get me at all.

****....as many scammers as you guys are talking about running things thru here...makes me not want to trust to anyone...
I am in need of a liteweight rem 700 la stock....but I think I will wait and purchase new.....
Hate to hear about the ripoff bastards getting you guys....I had dealing like that before...fortunately I was close enough to drive there and take care of the problematic situation....
Only been a member for a short time..found a hell of a lot of great information....and I keep reading everything I can to learn but not fry the brain....thx for the warnings...
I think the best security policy would be for anyone wanting to purchase here is to get every one of you guys to back up any sale information before it happens.....if it looks to good to be true jump on the list and say it is so....it would keep me from wasting hard earned monies...

A ''road trip'' would end up with you probably going to jail. Its tough, to get to these scammers. They have it down to a science, and, it's our own fault being sucked in and cheated. ''If it sounds to good to be true, it usually is.'' Then,there is the ''real'' good deal, if its SO cheap its almost crazy, its probably stolen. I know of a guy who bought a 2500 dollar Nightforce, for 600 bucks! The guy he bought it from said he had it on a .270. Then, when the guy i know of did get the scope, the person who ''owned'' it, didn't know one thing about it. It was pretty obvious, it was stolen, it was to me any way.

And, while the deal was going though, money exchange, etc,the ''owner'' is sitting there scratching himself raw. Obviously on drugs. really showing signs of being on them. No thanks, i'll miss that ''great deal'' unless you can prove its yours, you own it. I don't want some one to run some numbers, and me find out its stolen. Ever hear of theft by receiving? Nope, don't need a deal like that.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts