• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SCAM ALERT! user name "USASTRIPES"!

PainterJohn

This post concerns "usastripes".

This guy committed to sell both another member here and I a Browning Citori Grade VI at the same time. That member contacted me from the posts on the thread thinking he was selling to me all the while the other member was preparing to send this guy the funds for the gun. "usastripes" said he would call me and never did. The member backed out of the deal smelling a rat and advised me to proceed with the utmost caution of which I appreciated. At some point the thread was then closed. I have now been contacted by yet another member asking how that deal went as this guy is trying to make a sale to him on another item. I never spoke to the man or had any other contact with him. All I can tell my brothers in good standing here is BEWARE and proceed with caution. I have never felt the need to make a post such as this but feel it is warranted.

My brother just sent him a 1500$ money order for his nightforce scope. I knew i smelled a rat. Even his user name makes me think its a scam.

Last edited:
Same M.O. as Kiptip1 and Kiptip7 scammer. Appears most scammers prefer to not post pics and conduct as much correspondence via PM as possible. If a seller is legitimate, he should have no problem posting pics and replying out in the open. Every purchase from an individual online is a crap shoot unless you personally know them. A thread exposing a scammer hurts the honest members' attempting to sell a few items due to less confidence in the process. Thanks John for the info.

I agree mostly, but dont you want to know who the scammers are? I mean its almost like your saying people are dumb that get screwed by these f@($&:s. I know id sure like to know who the scammers are. And if we point them out right away it will hopefully save people from getting screwed and might deter other scammers from this forum. Or am i missing something. Not being grumpy just trying to help people not get took by scammers.

Last edited:
My brother just sent him a 1500$ money order for his nightforce scope. I knew i smelled a rat. Even his user name makes me think its a scam.

NOW I really feel bad.

I wish I would have posted earlier regarding this person/issue. I find that 99% of "gun guys" are pretty darn good people. Maybe that makes us/ me more vulnerable......you don't want to believe the worst in people, I know I don't. I"d hate to go through life like that. If this SOB did screw your brother out of $1500, I wish I had his physical location. I'm sure I could come up with some creative methods in which to deal with the scoundrel!

I hope to hell I am wrong about this person......

Dont feel bad, it aint your fault man. Its too bad their has to be people like that. I wish i knew his location to. Im sure he is from over seas though.

Where did the money go? I'm sure there's someone around who Would prefer to go un-named, may be willing to quietly "assist in the matter" locally. I think if something goes awry, address of scammer should be made public!

Iowa city iowa i think. He thinks he may have got it stopped. The PO knows about it and will not let him pick it up if it hasnt been picked up yet.

As many have said already thanks for the good intel. These guys lurk in the forums and try to catch people especially looking to buy things. U will notice that lots of times they reply to want to buy ads by our good members here. I have done hundreds of deals for high dollar items on here and other forums. I know it's hard to say but hey it is what it is, everyone is not good people. When doing a deal make sure to ask very specific questions that only people very very faimiliar with guns will know. One thing I have started doing lately is to ask for a post it note in the picture with the item with a specific number or something on it. Usually when a deal is to good to be true, well normally in most cases it's to good to be true. Fellow brothers on here keep your guard up and if u get got well let me know and I am down to hunt them down with u and either A. Get your **** back, or B. Make an example out of these pieces of **** that this will not be tolerated!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.