Ruger's Classic Model 77 Rifle Review

This is a thread for discussion of the article, Ruger's Classic Model 77 Rifle Review , By Bob Campbell. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

I bought the Ruger 77 all weather in 6.5 Creedmoor I have it sighted in at 100 yards one inch over bulls eye and a 1/2 group using the Redfield scope. One evening was deer hunting right at dusk a coyote came out little over 200 yards I was shooting Hornady 140 Gmax dead yote

I bought the Ruger 77 all weather in 6.5 Creedmoor I have it sighted in at 100 yards one inch over bulls eye and a 1/2 group using the Redfield scope. One evening was deer hunting right at dusk a coyote came out little over 200 yards I was shooting Hornady 140 Gmax dead yote

Is that factory ammo or reloads? Im having a hard time getting mine below 1/2 MOA. Im consistently at around 3/4 MOA with reloads and a Redfield scope. I could probably do it if i could get my hands on some H4350 powder. I only have the redfield on until i can afford the Vortex Viper Hs-t 4-16X44 that i really want.

I've owned several of the M77s with tang safeties & prefer these rifles over all others.
I currently own a 250 Savage Ultralite, a 308 RSI Mannlicher & just picked up a NIB 1970s 220 Swift.
I glass bed the actions & free float the barrels. The triggers are easily adjustable to 2 lbs.
I've reloaded for all mine & obtained sub MOA. My best shooter was a 25-06 that I restocked in a Brown Precision stock. Took several elk & many deer with that rig. Finally sold it after so many people pestered me for it.
The 308 RSI has shifted POI over time with that style stock & I'm considering putting it in a regular Brown Precision stock as well.
d.

morning I own 22-250-22-250AI243-220swift-308-25-06. all of these rifles have

tang safety. the 25-06 is new never fired. All r the varmint specials.lightbulb:)gun)

just country, you have a nice selection.
Do you do any work on them? I can send you trigger adj. instructions if you'd like.
Regards,
d.

morning. I was getting 1" groups from my 22-250AI. did the dollar bill

test. there was not room between the barrel and stock. I free floated the

the barrel to stock. we will see if this makes a difference. I shoot barnes

53gr. and the 55gr. TTSX. I use 4320 powder. we will see the conclusion.lightbulb:)gun)

my pardner has a 22-250 SS MKII. I think this is the model. with this load. shoots dimes at a 100yds.

that is a statement for the load.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.