Rifle advice

Howdy, even though I am a little old school. I like all the new cartridge that have come out. They are what should have been. New technology and bullets has given us great guns. I'm starting a new build right now, and I have been asked why a 270/308, and I am saying why not. I'm waiting on my reamer for now. But it will be a 27-08Ai with 40* shoulder, when it's done. Should make a good cartridge, out to 5 - 600yds. Only time will tell. Shoot what puts a smile on your face. And don't worry about what others think. 🙏

Like riding a moped.....fun until a friend see ya!
FUN until, you fall off and Break your fudging, Leg,..
Did that myself at, 57 y/o riding a Tiny Honda 50 cc Kids Bike over a Furrowed and dried up ( Hard Packed dirt ) Field !
Hit the Gas by accident, put feet down to get off, Flew over Handle Bars, Broke my Leg, a few Days after Christmas 2003 and was Operated on, by Bone Dr on Jan 6th 2004 with, a $5000.00 Per year, Deductible !
Total out the Door cost to Me, was $13,800.00 in 2004 Dollars,.. So,.. I'm DONE with, Mopeds and Motor cycles

270 win can work, 280 ai is hard to beat. 7 prc is what the cool kids are buying. 7 Rem Mag still works. 308 in a lighter package.

338 will not be said by me!
One of my best friends used an old Winchester 70 pre 64 in 270 and killed elk every year at insane distances.
Couldn't figure out if it was him or the caliber.
Probably both

FUN until, you fall off and Break your fudging, Leg,..
Did that myself at, 57 y/o riding a Tiny Honda 50 cc Kids Bike, over a Furrowed and dried up ( Hard Packed dirt ) Field !
Broke my Leg, a few Days after Christmas and was Operated on, by Bone Dr on Jan 6th with, a $5000.00 Per year, Deductible !
Total out the Door cost to Me, was $13,800.00 in 2004 Dollars,.. So,.. I'm DONE with, Mopeds and Motor cycles
That has to be the worst luck I have heard of in a while.
WOW!