• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Republic Ammunition - Ginex Large Rifle Primers $110

Just ordered some LR and SP. Already have some SR. Thanks for the reassuring words about Republic.

Just got mine in today hopefully will be testing them with in next week or so.really fast shipping and was able to call him up and ask any questions I had

Well, I started loading some .308 Lapua cases today with the Ginex Large Rifle Primers. The cases were brand new, never fired, cases. I will say the Ginex large rifle primers are a bit of a stiff fit in these never fired cases. My work through was to brush the primer holder walls with a steel wire brush that I had used in my case mouths of 300 WM to make them come free of the full sizing die easier. So the brush was not freshly dipped in any lubricant, but there was residual case lube on it. I used it to just swish the primer holder hole on the cases a little, and the primers seemed to seat a little easier. On cases that have been fired a few times, I wonder if there would be any stiffness at all. Guess we'll see with time, but they were a wee bit tight on the brand new cases. I think it is because they are rumored to have harder shells than other brands. If so, they ought to shoot just fine in my semi auto .308, very similar to #34's though they are a little longer than the #34.

It will be interesting to see how the velocities compare using the same charge, same powder, same bullet same seating vs. #34's.

Also, Fyi, don't know if you noticed, but Powder Valley carries Unis Ginex.
They don't have any large rifle primers in stock right now, but have some of the pistol and I think small rifle Unis Ginex.

Well, I started loading some .308 Lapua cases today with the Ginex Large Rifle Primers. The cases were brand new, never fired, cases. I will say the Ginex large rifle primers are a bit of a stiff fit in these never fired cases. My work through was to brush the primer holder walls with a steel wire brush that I had used in my case mouths of 300 WM to make them come free of the full sizing die easier. So the brush was not freshly dipped in any lubricant, but there was residual case lube on it. I used it to just swish the primer holder hole on the cases a little, and the primers seemed to seat a little easier. On cases that have been fired a few times, I wonder if there would be any stiffness at all. Guess we'll see with time, but they were a wee bit tight on the brand new cases. I think it is because they are rumored to have harder shells than other brands. If so, they ought to shoot just fine in my semi auto .308, very similar to #34's though they are a little longer than the #34.

It will be interesting to see how the velocities compare using the same charge, same powder, same bullet same seating vs. #34's.

Also, Fyi, don't know if you noticed, but Powder Valley carries Unis Ginex.
They don't have any large rifle primers in stock right now, but have some of the pistol and I think small rifle Unis Ginex.
Sounds like these could be a remedy for loose primer pockets.

I kind of like the idea of using these for barrel break-in or maybe fire forming some brass. Just something to go bang when I'm not all that serious about load development yet. Think I'll get some coming my way. Thanks Veteran!

Well Hell......He went and raised the price $10 now to $120 per brick.....

He has the supply but this was a better deal at $110