remington handgun

The xp-100 is a hard find up here in Canada and I would have to go through the process of getting it de-registered as a pistol and registered as a rifle which is near impossible. That is why I want a 18.5" barrel and a gun that is over 23" in total length, it is then considered a rifle and if it starts out as a rifle action I don't have to go through all the registration problems.

The old XP-100 (singleshot action) specialty handgun is currently being made as a rifle by Remington - XR-100 and it is still a single-shot action.

6mm shooter,
In the US it would be illegal to use a rifle action and convert it into a handgun unless you went through some expense to get it changed/re-registered (forgot the correct terminology).

Buy an XR100 in 204 ruger then you can re chamber the barrel and use the single shot action. if you want a repeter buy a model7.

Cheers Bill
Australia

I would want to avoid any dealing with the BATF and reregistering an action for use in a pistol. Tack on the blue-printing, etc . . . I would rather start off with a BAT. I am willing to bet BAT's wait time will beat the wait of the BATF!

I like the idea of a 20PPC in a SS pistol. If I could have a second bolt, add on a 6BR or one of its progeny. That would be nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sewwhat

I have been waiting on a bat action since March. I would hope the BATF wouldn't take that long

d-a

That is right XPhunter. I was going to build on a XP-100 action but found out that it would have to be re-registered as a rifle which should be easy but it isn't so I want to start with a rifle action. I will have it built to the min spec allowed before it must be registered as a handgun. We are not allowed to hunt with handguns up here so I want the next best thing, a real short rifle which up here must have a 18.5" barrel and a 23" total length.

6mm Shooter the XR100 is a single shot XP100 made as a rifle and the Model7 is a XP100 made as a repeating rifle. The best thing is that they have a traditional bolt handle not the dog leg XP one.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.