Remington action Vs Tikka action

Kcollins01

Have all the parts to build a couple fast twist 25-06 rifles. Just can’t decide on what action to use I have both on hand. I’ve heard the tikka action COAL may limit me with the new heavy bullets. But just wanted to hear some others input. Before dropping it off at the smith.

Have all the parts to build a couple fast twist 25-06 rifles. Just can’t decide on what action to use I have both on hand. I’ve heard the tikka action COAL may limit me with the new heavy bullets. But just wanted to hear some others input. Before dropping it off at the smith.
You said “a couple” of fast twist .25-06…why not do one of each and sell the one you like less?

Build a 9T for Berger 115s and another for 133's, medium and long range affairs. The Sherman looks more than good. I can tell you that even a 25/06 with the 115s is impressive at 600 yards.
That’s the bullet I shoot out of all my 25-06 rifles now also the 100gr nosler ballistic tip. Already have the 7t blanks or id consider it.

I did the fast twist 25-06 on a tikka. COAL was an issue. Long jump to the lands and ate up a good amount of case capacity. Unless you are willing to deal with aftermarket bottom metal and mag, it’s not the best choice for the heavies. 25-284 is a perfect fit in the tikka mag but sounds like you are already set up for 25-06z

I'd say it depends on how many accessory options you want available to you. The Tikka may be the better choice to some but the Remington foot print is the most common and the one that has the most stock, trigger and scope base/ring options. All my 700 actions can out shoot me so it's never a matter of which is more accurate. Smoothness (IMO) is over rated. I mean they aren't custom actions by no means but smooth enough for most.