Reloading 7mm PRC

DAG NABBIT! After questioning accuracy for the last few days, I fingered out my scope was moving! So I cleaned up the rings and tube with alcohol and socked it down good and hard. Harder than I'd like to, but it's not a crusher. the rings are really precise and smooth. But I wasted a few/30 rounds and had to re-do a good bit of load development.

I settled in at 69.3gr N565 with the 175 ABLRs seated to a 2.6700" BTO, or roughly 3.340" COAL. This is the worst of three 3-shot group at 500yds. A touch under 3", and a velocity average of 2895fps for the 9 shots. SD of 3.6 and ES of 7. I used 2x fired Peterson brass untrimmed and bumped 0.001", with a 0.312 neck bushing in the Forster FL die. I'll run with this load!! I need to have some bullets left for hunting. Next I have to set zero.

Note that my cast iron manhole cover is starting to crack - mostly due to the earlier 340 Weatherby slams, LOL!
View attachment 603826
And I forgot to mention that I stepped it down to Rem 9 1/2 primers. They seem to hit the sweet spot as a mild magnum primer.