Ramblings and Such From Hunting Coyote

No, we don't have any pecan trees here someone was putting them out to feed the squirrels. We do have some black walnut trees that have been planted here by people. A lot of people feed them year-round here to watch them like the birds not knowing really what problems they might cause them. My sister-in-law was feeding the hummingbirds till late in September, I asked her do you think they will survive the trip south this late in the year with the only food being feeders for them? I never thought about that I just enjoy watching them! There is a large population of antelope, deer and turkeys that live in the cemetery up the street, when the city stopped watering the grass they had to leave there to find water and venture out into traffic oops what is that thing moving really fast? Where my daughter lives someone was feeding the deer right beside of a busy road, the Game and Fish asked them to stop so they changed the time that they fed them several deer got hit and killed then the Sheriff's department and the Game and Fish paid them a visit confiscated all of their feeders they ended up paying the state restitution for the deer that were hit and killed and then peoples insurance companies went looking for reimbursement for damaged autos. All because someone thought they were helping the poor little critters, and they enjoyed watching them. I don't feed them, but I do watch them when they come around and I have picked a few up off of the street that were in the process of becoming sail squirrel's you know the flat dried out spots in the road that used to be some living creature, that when the wind blows it gets blown into the air and sails away. They just don't know any better the people or the animals neither one thinks very far ahead to see what will happen if I do this.

Have been up in my home country of Eastern Montana on my yearly coyote hunt staying at the in-laws farm. Have made 5 stands and have had 5 coyotes come in and shot 4. The 5th one saw me and spooked before i could get a shot. Nothing over 5 minutes of calling. The one this morning came in at about 3 minutes. Came around the hill I was sitting and raced by two steps in front of me and knocked my caller out of the piece of sage brush it was sitting. Then ran up the hillside opposite me and stopped and looked back. 75 yards with a 6mm creedmoor with a 95 grain Berger Classic Hunter. Sorry I don't have m
1000002125.jpg
ore pics. I always have my phone in my pocket but forget to take pictures. Have not shot a pup. All mature coyote males except the one this morning was a female.