quick load help? 300wm

RckyMtnRutt

Hey just wondering if anyone out there had access to QL's? Cant find any re22 anymore so i am switching powders and kind of want to know what QuickLoad says for max. If anyone wants to help or could help it would be greatly appreciated :) Really just concerned with the H4831sc data.

300 win mag
180gr nosler accubond
Hornady brass
H4831sc
Fed 215m

300 win mag
180gr nosler accubond
Hornady brass
H4350
Fed 215m

Jon, thank you very much sir!! Greatly appreciated. This will help out a lot it is always nice to see all the data QL provides. Thank you for taking time out of your day to help me out. If you are ever out this way get a hold of me i would love to repay the favor.

Hey just wondering if anyone out there had access to QL's? Cant find any re22 anymore so i am switching powders and kind of want to know what QuickLoad says for max. If anyone wants to help or could help it would be greatly appreciated :) Really just concerned with the H4831sc data.

300 win mag
180gr nosler accubond
Hornady brass
H4831sc
Fed 215m

300 win mag
180gr nosler accubond
Hornady brass
H4350
Fed 215m
Neither powder is what I would choose.
If you want the best possible performance go for H1000.
Nosler Accubond 180g H1000 max 81g. WLRM or FED215.

Cheers.

300 win mag
180gr nosler accubond
Hornady brass
H4831sc
Fed 215m

300 win mag
180gr nosler accubond
Hornady brass
H4350
Fed 215m
As with anything else, YMMV. Between the two, "I" would go with the H4831SC.

As always thank you guys for all the support! I was actually able to find some h1000 at scheels today for a pretty decent price and 4 were the same lot so i bought them. Like i said only have about a pound left of rl22 which is about 100 rounds. I wasn't blessed like the rest of you on supplies while they were good. I started reloading during the "pandemic" so it has been hard to stock up. Luckily i grew up reloading with my dad who left me most all of his stuff. Primers and powder were pretty much non existent. 1k 210 1k 215 various powder bullets and tons of components which i am grateful for. A lot were out dated which i upgraded but the co ax press is still running hard for me. I got a v3 dispenser which was life changing compared to the old $100 rcbs (20-30 years old) that works but wasn't as precise. I was trying to find powders i could run in multiple calibers and stop chasing high priced hard to find powder that's why i picked h4831sc and h4350. I knew h1000 was highly sought after but finding it and for a decent price was hard. Kind of getting tired of reworking loads for 1lb jugs (after an old lot was done) so i was trying to swtich to 8lb'ers. I did a lot of research in my manuals for most of my calibers and it seemed h4350 h4831sc and 4064 came up on most of my calibers so that's what is was chasing.

Anyways i got my 300 win mag stuff back up and going after my FIL asked me to reload for his 300wm so that's what brought me down this rabbit hole. Going through my dad's old logs from the early 2000's i saw he had a bunch of data on Imr4350, h4831sc, rl22, h414 and others. So i figured it would be good to pursue. Since i started a few years ago with 6.5cm I had a bunch of h4350 then went to 308 so my buddy runs varget in his bolt i reload for him and i run 4064 in my gas 308. Got my 300wm running off all my dads old logs and rl22 that he reloaded for me when i was 15 still likes the same recipe. Started reloading a few pistol rounds on the single press which really makes you work for it :)

But just wanted to say thank you all! It really brings me back to my younger years sitting in the reloading room helping out. I think i'll still work up a few powders for my 300wm and my FIL's 300wm and see what they like. The h1000 side tracked me but looking at the nosler manual it should be the right move for him. I will play with h1000 h4831sc and h4350 for my tikka 300wm and see what the results are. Then onto the 250x3000ai, 300h&h, and 338 that was left to me. Sorry for the long rant but going through all the logs yesterday really brought it full circle for me. You guys are just like all the reloaders my dad had around as a kid. Always trying to help other reloaders out that you have never met or just met for the first time.

Recent Posts