Question on grouse

Man, California sucks so hard.....
Try living in Canadastan where our less than Prime Minister Trudope has banned importation of anymore hand guns and transfers. So there will be no more new handgun shooters, IPSC will die and all current owners handguns have to be surrendered when you die by your estate. Course it has to pass the house and senate but they are all bleeding heart woke types. So have to transfer about 30 guns to my son now so we can at least have them for a while longer. F*u*c*k*i*n*g useless government. Never let a good US shooting tragedy go to waste up here.

Try living in Canadastan where our less than Prime Minister Trudope has banned importation of anymore hand guns and transfers. So there will be no more new handgun shooters, IPSC will die and all current owners handguns have to be surrendered when you die by your estate. Course it has to pass the house and senate but they are all bleeding heart woke types. So have to transfer about 30 guns to my son now so we can at least have them for a while longer. F*u*c*k*i*n*g useless government. Never let a good US shooting tragedy go to waste up here.
They're about trying their hardest to pull that crap here too.

And for all of the posters who advocated a suppressor, unfortunately the OP lives in California. So that option is out.
Airguns like the Benjamin Marauder line wherein the suppression system is actually a shroud around the whole length of barrel, not just an attachment on the end are not considered "suppressors". The Marauders are PCPs but I assume there are accurate CO2 models that are designed with shrouded barrels like that too.

Yeah I saw that too. I'm not saying they're good options for him, but for everyone else curious about the same thing that lives in free America the discussion continues.

Has he even responded to any of the replies to his question? I'm betting he's just trying to get his count up. Just my guess.

Either way, as I was pondering the same thing, I came up with a 22 pistol and a suppressor in complete disregard for California laws because I don't have to regard them. I guess a wrist rocket would be my next choice, hardly as much fun though.
He has not responded. I think you are correct.

That's an awesome set-up. Ruger has the Mark IV lite listed at 25oz without suppressor on their site. Can you get an actual weight on your set-up... is it really under 16oz?

Oh looks like your right! Lol I must be confusing it with another pistol of mine. Maybe it's because it's so much dang fun to carry and shoot It feels like it's less than a pound!-) I'll have to weigh it when I get home to see but I'm sure your correct.

LANGUAGE AND POLITICS WARNING

Last chance

I had a short piece of 22-gun barrel turned down just the size of a cartridge with the bore offset just enough to turn a center fire into a rim fire, shoot CB caps, it worked out to about 30 ft in my 450 Alaskan. If you build one for a smaller bore, you can leave the bore centered and make a small offset firing pin to strike a rimfire in the insert, this screws into the back of the cartridge. Just carry it in your pocket, it makes less noise than a pellet gun. Bring a small pan and some dry soup mix in a little packet, cut the grouse up in small pieces, mix with the soup. You can shoot the grouse in the back between the wings if you can't get a head shot and still not ruin any meat with the CB caps. I expect there have been many train loads of grouse plugged with a plain Jane sling shot. Good Luck

You never said how close you could get to the grouse. That might control what the best option is. Personally. I have tried the steel slingshot method and I was never good enough accuracy wise although the power was certainly adequate.

I had a short piece of 22-gun barrel turned down just the size of a cartridge with the bore offset just enough to turn a center fire into a rim fire, shoot CB caps, it worked out to about 30 ft in my 450 Alaskan. If you build one for a smaller bore, you can leave the bore centered and make a small offset firing pin to strike a rimfire in the insert, this screws into the back of the cartridge. Just carry it in your pocket, it makes less noise than a pellet gun. Bring a small pan and some dry soup mix in a little packet, cut the grouse up in small pieces, mix with the soup. You can shoot the grouse in the back between the wings if you can't get a head shot and still not ruin any meat with the CB caps. I expect there have been many train loads of grouse plugged with a plain Jane sling shot. Good Luck
The OP said he is using a muzzleloader. Gonna take some engineering to make it into a rimfire. :D