Pulling bullets and compressed powder really hard to remove

My first question is:
When your working up a load, why did you load so many? Work up 1 load at a time in increasing small increments and test each load after 4 or 5 shots with the increasing loads until you find what your looking for. Record keeping is a must and serves as your Bible my friend.
I guess your either shooting at home or your trip to the range is much shorter than mine. Yes I learned long ago to keep good records, seems like the older I get the more details I right down.

I have never seen that before. I would use a dental pick and pick the powder out , Perhaps a bit less powder????

I have never seen that before. I would use a dental pick and pick the powder out , Perhaps a bit less powder????
Loads were below max, but yeah very odd to me, that powder is very different looking that anything I have seen before. It not really a ball powder, its like a round disk that but is thicker looking than what I have seen in say pistol or shotgun powder, like they smashed ball powder out like pancake shaped. They also like to cling together.

Last edited:
Eric, Just for the sake of scientific Curiosity, I would remove all powder from the case and weigh it ON ANOTHER SCALE, not the one you used when you loaded the case. I would GUESS, that there was more powder in that case than you might have originally thought!! If your scale was off, and the seating of the bullet caused this incredible compression. I would take the time to re trace all the steps, just for my own education, and piece of mind! Just a thought !!

Eric, Just for the sake of scientific Curiosity, I would remove all powder from the case and weigh it ON ANOTHER SCALE, not the one you used when you loaded the case. I would GUESS, that there was more powder in that case than you might have originally thought!! If your scale was off, and the seating of the bullet caused this incredible compression. I would take the time to re trace all the steps, just for my own education, and piece of mind! Just a thought !!
Lenny I was thinking that same thing, and did check them, they were all what I had marked the case with using sharpie. I just moved on to H4350 and if the **** wind quits blowing will head back to the range in the am.

Nope......it's quite common. I just scraped some out a couple days ago.