Primers

I have had four 209 shotshell primers not function properly. I used to shoot trap and skeet during the winter in Alaska. Shells were ejected into the snow and I reloaded them the following day before they dried out. The following week I had four misfires and had to shake the shot out of the barrel and clear the wad. Lesson learned. I had one large rifle primer not go pop in over 35 years. I really don't know why.

I touch every primer I load.....

There is a a**hole in every crowd. 🤪

1727267719960.jpeg

Only misfires I've ever had were when I seated primers upside down……..
In the 70's we never touched primers, we used tweezers to handle them. I quit that nonsense in the 80's.
I bought a S&W 29-2 recently and bought a box of Winchester factory 44 Mag shells. I had several misfires out of that box. It looks like light primer strikes to me.

Only misfires I've ever had were when I seated primers upside down……..
In the 70's we never touched primers, we used tweezers to handle them. I quit that nonsense in the 80's.
I bought a S&W 29-2 recently and bought a box of Winchester factory 44 Mag shells. I had several misfires out of that box. It looks like light primer strikes to me.
If you still have the original main spring,you probably need a new one. They will take a set in time. My K-22 needed one when it was about 7 years old.