primers

can i use WLRM to replace the ones i can't find any where cci 250 or fed 215 right now i'm using staball powder in a 6.5 creedmoor
thanks
larry
Larry,

Is there any reason you use large rifle magnum primers in 6.5 CM?

You will need to adjust with any changes you make with your load.

ADDED: I see more LR than LRM primers in my area and online; I'm just curious.

Ed

Last edited:
It'll go bang. I'd back off a bit and work back in.
It might actually be better to trade with someone in your area for mag. primers. You may be surprised at how nice they might treat you.

I have heard of people moving away from the 215's down to the 210's for 6.5/7prc. Anyone here doing the same? Seeing good results?

6.5PRC? Absolutely. I use LR primers in mine, no mags.
7PRC? Nope. Mag primers. Almost any case with a capacity of 60+gr charge weight gets mags for me.
Because thats a general recommendation? Or have you proved its not only a recommendation and see measurable differences between identical loads just using different primers?

Because thats a general recommendation? Or have you proved its not only a recommendation and see measurable differences between identical loads just using different primers?
You do you, but large charges of slow burning powder in cold weather (hunting guns, etc.) get mag. primers when I load too... I usually start thinking of it when I get to '06 size cases...

That is MY recommendation. And what I do. There are a few exceptions to the rule, as if my load development for a certain rifle/powder/bullet combination is not quite where I want it, I will test primers. On occasion, a magnum primer might perform better in a certain cartridge.

But for me, pretty much every cartridge I shoot with a charge weight of 60gr or more gets a magnum primer.

I have DEFINITELY seen that swapping primers can make a big difference. Might be just a brand change, or a swap from LR to LRM.

That is MY recommendation. And what I do. There are a few exceptions to the rule, as if my load development for a certain rifle/powder/bullet combination is not quite where I want it, I will test primers. On occasion, a magnum primer might perform better in a certain cartridge.

But for me, pretty much every cartridge I shoot with a charge weight of 60gr or more gets a magnum primer.

I have DEFINITELY seen that swapping primers can make a big difference. Might be just a brand change, or a swap from LR to LRM.
Totally makes sense. Thanks