Primer’s for .243

Plus 1 on the need for YOUR own testing of primers. I personally test a lot of primers when starting a new load. It's amazing to see the differences in ES and groups.Also for me certain rifles/loads have cold weather performance requirements (- 20 or colder) that must be met. Primer plays a role in those conditions

rflshooter, yes, I backed off from their data and worked up, found pressure for my rifle. R#26 is amazing in the 243 Winchester, just needs a hot primer for best results. My rifle tells me what is a max load, not a book.

The berger 105g VLD hunting bullet is incredible on deer and hogs, certainly worth building a rifle around.

I ended up settling on CCI 250s for all my large rifle primers. It was all I could find when I was running low so I stocked up. I honestly never seen much of a difference and if I did I just reworked the load a little.
I have maybe 1200 left. When I get low I may buy something else depending whats around. I won't pass up 250s though.
Remington now makes .243s with a 1-8 twist. I bought one back in the early spring.

I have a Remington Model 7 in .243win and was loading cci200 primers using IMR3031 and could not get groups under 2.5inches with 100gr Partitions. Someone on this forum suggested I try some H4350 35gr. I did and first loading I had dime sized groups at 100yds. Tried some Rem 9 1/2 and got same results. That load has resulted in lots of venison in my freezer. Not often that I stumble on a keeper load right out of the gate.

Recent Posts