Pray for people's safety in Florida

Oh lord, looks like all the way up to North Carolina is getting torn up
Yes the thing was a real monster. We were very fortunate here in levy county no fatalities that I know of! Got 4000 plus customers power on today . Around 43,000 people in county don't know number of customers on the co-op plan . others are on Duke power don't know anything about them.

Finally got enough cell service to respond. We got hammered here in Valdosta!!! Thank God I wasn't tore up like so many here. This one was definitely worse than the other two. A little tin off my shop and a leak in the spare bathroom from a roof vent. Not sure. May be a couple weeks before we get our power back on from what I hear. So many way worse off than me. I'm blessed. Thanks for all the prayers!!! Nothing Better in my book🙏🏻

Hey man... You OK? I think Perry must have been HAMMERED!

I didn't even lose power and flashlight assessment reveals no damage or even limbs down. I'm about 10 miles west of Tallahassee.
Man we're ok…. Our beach house at Keaton Beach is completely gone…but my home in town is fine. Keaton beach and surrounding area is at least 90% loss. Every home in the coastal area is damaged. It's crazy how some places went unscathed and others hammered. My home in town, you can't tell a hurricane even came through. But other places it looks like it was a total wreck. I cleaned up 5 friends and family members properties with my tractor and at least a few homes next to theirs had hardly and debris while some properties have every thing down. I had to run to Gainesville to grab some extra fuel cans and gasoline to help out with generous and vehicles. Storm wrecked as far east as Branford.

Here's a couple pictures…the arrow will show where our beach house used to be. Nothing but dirt left…it's a picture off of a video sent to my mother in law. The surge was estimated to be at least 20'. The one house standing had homes all around it before the storm.

Attachments

• IMG_2469.jpeg
    IMG_2469.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2470.jpeg
    IMG_2470.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 3
Here's a couple pictures…the arrow will show where our beach house used to be. Nothing but dirt left…it's a picture off of a video sent to my mother in law. The surge was estimated to be at least 20'. The one house standing had homes all around it before the storm.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Beach House, but thankfully your other home and your family did OK! memtb

I really thought as it come through it wasn't as bad as Idalia…but the surge was massive. I was wrong in my assessment of how it was overall. My home in town is within 7 miles of the coast. I feel God held his hand over it. People here are tougher than woodpecker lips, but this is a gut punch that's gonna take a lil time to heal. I'll be on my tractor helping everyone I can.

I really thought as it come through it wasn't as bad as Idalia…but the surge was massive. I was wrong in my assessment of how it was overall. My home in town is within 7 miles of the coast. I feel God held his hand over it. People here are tougher than woodpecker lips, but this is a gut punch that's gonna take a lil time to heal. I'll be on my tractor helping everyone I can.

Well, don't over do it…..and be careful. There are lots of things out there that can sneak up on ya! memtb

Recent Posts