Muzzle break/ side baffle

SHEDKING

I just got a new side baffle break with a crush washer it's from Christensen. It seems to take a lot to get it in-line with the bore. Is that pretty normal? Thanks for any input! I actually ordered 2 of them one is for my 300 PRC and the other is for a 300 rum. The 300 PRC barely took any resistance to put it on but the rum didn't line up as well so it took more force to get it in line with the bore!

I just got a new side baffle break with a crush washer it's from Christensen. It seems to take a lot to get it in-line with the bore. Is that pretty normal? Thanks for any input! I actually ordered 2 of them one is for my 300 PRC and the other is for a 300 rum. The 300 PRC barely took any resistance to put it on but the rum didn't line up as well so it took more force to get it in line with the bore!
It depends on the muzzle brake and the type and thickness of the crush washer(s)/shim kit that came with it as it relates to the muzzle thread.

Christensen Arms side baffle breaks! One was just took way more torque to get to position. Must just be the way it was threaded. See how they shoot tomorrow. I have another Christensen in the traverse and just seems to really tame that rifle.
IMG_5805.jpeg

Christensen Arms side baffle breaks! One was just took way more torque to get to position. Must just be the way it was threaded. See how they shoot tomorrow. I have another Christensen in the traverse and just seems to really tame that rifle.
View attachment 605496
Yep, make sure you follow the recommended torque value. I have various types of muzzle brakes and have been using them since 2003, but I have yet to use any with washers/shim kits. All non-self-indexing muzzle brakes are GS-timed/installed, requiring no washers/shims. I also use self-timing muzzle brakes from Muzzlebrakesandmore, PVA, Benchmark, Piercision, Blast Tamer (CSR), etc. My latest one is an EC tuner brake.

Good luck and have fun with them.

Recent Posts