• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Powder Valley

With all due respect...you ever think that's a Berger thing?? Powder doesn't seem out of line. Neither does any of the bullets I've looked at AND ordered. To me, scalping is double, triple, or much higher pricing. Obviously I haven't looked at the same things that you have, but a higher price on ONE thing does not make them a scalper. You better have a lot longer list than that to convince me. I know some places haven't upped their prices, some have taken a bit of an increase (which I have absolutely no problem with), and then...there's the others. We've all seen those, just don't think Midway meets THAT criteria. One product increase maybe says its that manufacturer not the wholesaler. I don't know. I've ordered product from Midway in the last 60 days (multiple) and it wasn't any higher.

If you look how long there was powder available the last couple days on PV, that tells me they are selling alot to the little people like us buying 4-16lbs at a time...

To me Midway seems to be taking advantage of the situation. While certainly they have not raised prices on everything they have taken larger increases than pretty much every retailer I use on the very high demand components. Case in point Hornady 6.5 140 gr ELD M at PV is $37.36 and at Midway $46. I suspect given Midway's size few if any get better pricing from manufacturers or distributors so IMO it is a margin play. As has been mentioned and is very true it's a free market and mostly free country so they can manage and run their business as they choose. As consumers we have the same rights and can choose to spend our dollars where we choose. It appears there is a sizable audience that would prefer to drive their $$$ towards PV and others. I would put myself in that camp as well.

And once again I have to ask why the Midway scalper label?? Examples??

Edit to add: Not being argumentive...I just haven't seen what anyone's talking about as far as "scalping"
I put in for 280IA brass at Midway, and I was told when they were available. (Great) Yes they were at $2.00 per case. Peterson and Lapua are generally $1.00 per case. Which feel are the top of the line. So I feel Midway is a scalpers at times. I have purchase several thousand of dollars in items in up grades to update my reloading equipment over the pass 6 months or so, getting ready for my 6mm/280AI build and changing how I reload. So I will watch to see if Midway sells out of them or not, or the prices comes down after they sit on them for awhile.

And once again I have to ask why the Midway scalper label?? Examples??

Edit to add: Not being argumentive...I just haven't seen what anyone's talking about as far as "scalping"
Seems like some items I have looked at on midway were very high priced . I have bought alot from them over the years. I do price shop and if one place is outrageous I look elsewhere . Typically brass and loading items and ammo if available. I see someone paid 52 dollars for Berger Which are always high. That's about what locals charge. I did plan ahead for years so not bothered by What's going on now.

If you look how long there was powder available the last couple days on PV, that tells me they are selling alot to the little people like us buying 4-16lbs at a time...
It seems more powder is available for a longer time on PV since they cancelled those orders and banned those guys (gals?) from scamming the system and buying more than the allowable limit of powder.

Almost every box of Berger bullets is $10 HIGHER than almost every competitor. How's that for starters.
I'm not quite sure you understand what a scalper is. If midway was holding their stock and putting it on GB to bid it up to 300% their price then they would be scalpers.
Midway is a business that is still offering you a product at a semi-normal rate. I'd imagine just like everyone else, Berger went up on the price of everything. Midway is a middle man, and being a middle man means you have overhead, when pandemics lower your work staff you have to pay others extra to stay working. When businesses have to pay extra to keep people working, the customer pays extra.
Could have sworn we just had this conversation about Hodgdon's prices being a few dollars higher than the suppliers.

What really gets me ****ed off is when, you place items in your cart and continue quickly to grab other items and checkout, only to realize something is wrong and when you return to your cart the items you first placed is no longer available because someone else was allowed to remove it from your cart. Powder Valley is notorious for this kind of behavior and it should be stopped. It cost me two delivery charges because of this policy. Yeah It's all about money and certainly not customer service.

Midway employs many American workers, has a huge warehouse and overhead, helps pay benefits for their employees, offers free shipping many times, ships fast, prices are fair but they may not be the best. I've seen numerous mom and pop gun shops posting their products on gunbroker at outrageous prices but I have a choice to not buy from them. Due to the lack of inventory many firearms businesses are struggling as their shelves are empty of the popular accessories. I don't mind paying a little extra to help my local shop stay in business and I don't mind paying a little extra to some of the online retailers I do business with. I don't see anyone complaining when they put items on clearance and you get them at %50 off or more, scopes, rings, rails, hunting clothing, etc..... if you don't like the price then don't buy it but if the price is fair is it good to come on here and start bashing them or complaining. Pass.