• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Powder Valley

What really gets me ****ed off is when, you place items in your cart and continue quickly to grab other items and checkout, only to realize something is wrong and when you return to your cart the items you first placed is no longer available because someone else was allowed to remove it from your cart. Powder Valley is notorious for this kind of behavior and it should be stopped. It cost me two delivery charges because of this policy. Yeah It's all about money and certainly not customer service.
Online store carts are not like a physical cart and if they are its shopping cart full of Xbox's on black friday in a Walmart, you better not turn your back on it. Nothing is claimed until the checkout process.

Not saying it doesn't stink but that's online retail.

What really gets me ****ed off is when, you place items in your cart and continue quickly to grab other items and checkout, only to realize something is wrong and when you return to your cart the items you first placed is no longer available because someone else was allowed to remove it from your cart. Powder Valley is notorious for this kind of behavior and it should be stopped. It cost me two delivery charges because of this policy. Yeah It's all about money and certainly not customer service.
Maybe the problem isn't their "behavior" but your behavior? This is how every single online shopping transaction is handled. If they allowed you to "hold" items in your cart, they would never sell anything, it would all be held up in carts. It's not "yours" until you pay for it, just like Walmart. They didn't cost you two delivery charges, YOU cost YOU two delivery charges.

Maybe the problem isn't their "behavior" but your behavior? This is how every single online shopping transaction is handled. If they allowed you to "hold" items in your cart, they would never sell anything, it would all be held up in carts. It's not "yours" until you pay for it, just like Walmart. They didn't cost you two delivery charges, YOU cost YOU two delivery charg
Maybe the problem isn't their "behavior" but your behavior? This is how every single online shopping transaction is handled. If they allowed you to "hold" items in your cart, they would never sell anything, it would all be held up in carts. It's not "yours" until you pay for it, just like Walmart. They didn't cost you two delivery charges, YOU cost YOU two delivery charges.
Go ahead and try that in your local Grocery store and see what happens...

I'm a little confused here, have you never been to a grocery store?
Every single state has laws that say property is not yours until it's paid for/agreed to terms for payment. You can put whatever you want in a cart, leave, and someone puts it all away, it's not your property until it's paid for, or agreement terms have been made.
Simple concept.

Midway has been $10 a box higher on Bergers for at least the last 5 years. I've rarely bought Bergers from them for that reason. Not saying they haven't raised some of their prices as of late, because they have on some items, others are in line. I love to price shop myself, if something is more than I'm willing to pay then I'll move on. Feel free to Boycott them, that will be just more supplies for me when I need them lol.

A few months ago this was "Capitalism", then when Midway raises their prices by a few dollars and now it's "gouging" today? Others are charging double, triple, or more.

Has anybody actually reached out to Midway about the pricing concerns or just complained about them? Just curious since the whole GSC is affected. With all the overhead, Covid, mandatory minimum wage hikes, gas price increases, and everything else may all take part.

Almost every box of Berger bullets is $10 HIGHER than almost every competitor. How's that for starters.
I am and have been in the steel service industry almost 60 years and seen many ups and downs , I have never ever seen anything like what is going on at present time . I am sure the cost of copper has escalated along with all the steel products , some 3-4 times what I was paying and quoting 8 months ago . Some sheet suppliers are quoting price good for 24 hours . It is a different world than we woke up in a year ago . Wood and concreate are the same , escalating exponentially . Just an old guys humble observation of course .

Midway has been $10 a box higher on Bergers for at least the last 5 years. I've rarely bought Bergers from them for that reason. Not saying they haven't raised some of their prices as of late, because they have on some items, others are in line. I love to price shop myself, if something is more than I'm willing to pay then I'll move on. Feel free to Boycott them, that will be just more supplies for me when I need them lol.

A few months ago this was "Capitalism", then when Midway raises their prices by a few dollars and now it's "gouging" today? Others are charging double, triple, or more.

Has anybody actually reached out to Midway about the pricing concerns or just complained about them? Just curious since the whole GSC is affected. With all the overhead, Covid, mandatory minimum wage hikes, gas price increases, and everything else may all take part.
Actually I did about 3 weeks ago. Sent them a very friendly letter identified myself as a loyal customer for about 20 years and wanted to let them know my perception is on highly sought after components they were 20-25% higher than every other online retailer I buy from. I told them they were no where near the top of my list of retailers. They are definitely free to do this and as long as things are tight they will sell everything they can get. If however business were more normal most customers would not pay that premium for exactly the same product and those that left may not return. IMO not a wise business strategy as evident by all the discussion.

Actually I did about 3 weeks ago. Sent them a very friendly letter identified myself as a loyal customer for about 20 years and wanted to let them know my perception is on highly sought after components they were 20-25% higher than every other online retailer I buy from. I told them they were no where near the top of my list of retailers. They are definitely free to do this and as long as things are tight they will sell everything they can get. If however business were more normal most customers would not pay that premium for exactly the same product and those that left may not return. IMO not a wise business strategy as evident by all the discussion.

That's awesome! Did you by any chance get a response? Curious if it will get read or if it will fall on deaf ears? Great job on taking a constructive approach.

That's awesome! Did you by any chance get a response? Curious if it will get read or if it will fall on deaf ears? Great job on taking a constructive approach.
I did. Someone responded to my email and said they would pass it up the org. My request was to forward to the leadership team. How high or where it ended up I do not know but good hobby them acknowledging the message.

I put in for 280IA brass at Midway, and I was told when they were available. (Great) Yes they were at $2.00 per case. Peterson and Lapua are generally $1.00 per case. Which feel are the top of the line. So I feel Midway is a scalpers at times. I have purchase several thousand of dollars in items in up grades to update my reloading equipment over the pass 6 months or so, getting ready for my 6mm/280AI build and changing how I reload. So I will watch to see if Midway sells out of them or not, or the prices comes down after they sit on them for awhile.
280AI rifles are not flying off e dealers shelves, so its seems to me that the brass is not high on the list to be made in quantity. Might have something to do with the price.

I feel I should qualify my earlier statement on Midway. Yes, I'm a fan of Midway, I've ordered from them for several years. So far I haven't been upset with anything they've done. But when I said I didn't feel they were guilty of scalping I'm basing that on the current situation and also taking into consideration buying locally. I just got done ordering some powders from PV and yes they seem like the cheapest place out there. But I'm retired so I've been spending a portion of each day, when I can, looking at several sites for powder, primers, and bullets. Midway is one of them. Are they the cheapest? No. But when I look at their powder prices, they are right in line with what I can buy locally...not that they have any mind you. Right now anyway. And, the LGS has not raised their prices from what they were. I got there one day not long ago when they just got some in...nothing I needed, but the prices were pre covid prices.

I've also ordered plenty of bullets from Midway, not Bergers, mostly Hornady. I don't notice a real big (if at all) change in pricing on these.

I have however, seen powder double on a couple of sites. Gouging?? Maybe. But I have seen some sites that have jacked up prices on EVERYTHING. Now...that's gouging!

So...that's why I commented on the gouging comment pertaining to Midway. I just haven't seen anything that I feel deserves a call out as far as gouging. Just felt I should clarify my statement. Thanks. Greg

Just FYI - Berger bullets fairly recently increased their prices substantially. You can rest assured all dealers and outlets will be selling at the new - significantly higher- prices,

I'm also told this price increase was retro-active. Meaning if a specific distributor had unfilled orders with Berger already booked for specific bullets at one price, those no longer apply and the distributors will have to pay the new higher prices for the products (which will undoubtedly be passed on to consumers to some degree or another)

As always, YMMV