• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Powder valley in stock

Question. To date I have not had to buy any reloading components online. But in case I have to, is there an extra charge for shipping for either propellants' or primers because they are considered hazardous material?
Yes, and the hazmat fee is typically not cheap but it's required for both Primers and Powder.

Question. To date I have not had to buy any reloading components online. But in case I have to, is there an extra charge for shipping for either propellants' or primers because they are considered hazardous material?
On Powder Valley it's something like $10 for shipping and $15 for hazmat fee. Makes it pretty painful when you do find 1 pound of powder in stock.

Yea you get to pay a pretty significant hazmat fee. Shipping and Hazmat typically end up being about $40 a shipment. Really is rough when you can only get two pounds of whatever you want, and it nearly doubles the cost of the powder.

Well this isn't good news. I guess for the time being, I'll just cross my fingers and keep hitting the local brick and mortar stores and hope I'm occasionally in the right place at the right time.

This! I have found PV will keep the item
In your cart you want to buy if you miss it. Just keep it there so when it hits the site you can check out fast. Dont get greedy, preload what you need and be ready to pounce.
But you cannot basket an item that is out of stock. You must be talking about a Very small window. Something in and out of stock before you got to checkout.

Answer
Yes. You will pay a hazmat fee. Ranges in cost from $20-40 depending on vendor, but applies to the whole order.

Expensive if you buy 1 lb or 1 brick primers, but not so bad on bulk orders.

Answer
Yes. You will pay a hazmat fee. Ranges in cost from $20-40 depending on vendor, but applies to the whole order.

Expensive if you buy 1 lb or 1 brick primers, but not so bad on bulk orders.
Not as bad as the 400% plus bumps in price on gunbroker either

I
If you get it in your basket it will stay there.
it will stay in your basket. That is true. But it doesn't guarantee you that inventory.

if all the inventory is purchased by other people before you check out, it won't let you check out. Instead it will reflect 0 inventory please adjust your cart. It will stay in your cart though, just nothing left in inventory to buy.

So don't delay and shop around thinking because you have it in your cart it is your to buy. It is not. That inventory is getting purchased by other people whether it's in your cart or not.

But you cannot basket an item that is out of stock. You must be talking about a Very small window. Something in and out of stock before you got to checkout.
All windows are small now. Here is how it works.
You put something in your basket.
All inventory is purchased by other people by the time you check out.
It then will not let you check out because the inventory management system shows 0.
It will tell you at checkout there is zero inventory please adjust your cart.

Do not think just because it's in your cart, it is your to buy. It is not.
It just means you have the chance to buy.
If inventory is gone by checkout, it's gone.

ALL windows are small now.
Do not delay in checkout if you really want it.

Once it's in your cart, it's a race to check out.

Think of it as your buying the last roll of toilet paper in communist Russia in 1980.

I

it will stay in your basket. That is true. But it doesn't guarantee you that inventory.

if all the inventory is purchased by other people before you check out, it won't let you check out. Instead it will reflect 0 inventory please adjust your cart. It will stay in your cart though, just nothing left in inventory to buy.

So don't delay and shop around thinking because you have it in your cart it is your to buy. It is not. That inventory is getting purchased by other people whether it's in your cart or not.
Yea thats my point. When you miss it keep it in the cart for next time. It takes that step out of the process and we all know how bad it is loading PV pages. If all you have to do is pull up the page and hit cart you have eliminated the extra steps of loading the page to get it in the cart

This! I have found PV will keep the item
In your cart you want to buy if you miss it. Just keep it there so when it hits the site you can check out fast. Dont get greedy, preload what you need and be ready to pounce.

Last edited:
On Powder Valley it's something like $10 for shipping and $15 for hazmat fee. Makes it pretty painful when you do find 1 pound of powder in stock.
I've found it helpful to buy enough of the item to make the shipping and hazmat tolerable ($36-$37 pound, same as what I would pay local if it was available) and just list for sale whatever I don't need on a local site for the same price per pound as what I paid. It makes it available to other folks who weren't at the right place at the right time, and spreads out the hazmat and shipping costs.