Post on Vortex scopes being....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt get to read the thread but I'm pretty sure there is a rule here that you dont straight bash a product (especially one that advertises on this site) and from what I can see of the email it went that direction, Len wants things PC as to not run off potential members or costumers

Does PC belong to a hunting forum?
Hmmm... :rolleyes:o_O

So I agree with it being a private forum/site.....so I'm led to believe per previous posts, it's $$$$ based as to what gets deleted? I'm all for "if it's my ball, I make the rules". I'll take that into consideration in the future....I agree with a no whining prerequisite, and IF it was a unsubstantiated bash, then ok....but, if the problem was that a product was replaced with a lesser quality item under warranty, then yeah, I have a problem with that....rsbhunter

It was the same model but built in a different factory. The older version was Japanese the newer version of the same model was Chinese or Philipino

I'm all for "if it's my ball, I make the rules". I'll take that into consideration in the future....I agree with a no whining prerequisite, and IF it was a unsubstantiated bash, then ok....but, if the problem was that a product was replaced with a lesser quality item under warranty, then yeah, I have a problem with that....rsbhunter

That's why I don't visit or post here often.

If I paid for optics that were made in Japan (good to excellent quality) and had them replaced with Chinese optic (questionable to decent quality) then I'd have a issue. And before I hear" Chinese is as good as Japanese, all the forums, members, and quality optic makers must be mistaken.....but there will be a lot of sales on Nikon scopes REAL soon....heard they are getting out of the SCOPE making business....rsbhunter

I was curious about the post, even though I cannot afford Vortex as most of them seem to be priced more than I bought 2 of my vehicles for and 2x as much as I've ever bought a rifle for. Best scope I've ever owned was a Nikon Monarch bought used from a friend and I LOVED it. Did the job, was super clear, crisp, held zero on a Wby, and was under 3 bills. Remember ALOT of the price on anything is Marketing and hype. A Cadillac is the same as a Chevy, just with more bells n whistles and marketing to instill a belief that luxury=bucks. Both get you from A to B, you just don't have the Status Symbol to advertise to your neighbor, or other range shooters with your 2 to 3k scope... Yeti coolers and cups are the same too. Marketing, marketing, marketing...

I own hundreds of scopes. All the Vortex were take offs, until I bought one,
Vortex RZR-1558 Razor HD LH 2x 10 x40
$770 06/06/17 amazon

That is a good scope, er it would be for $250.
That is just my anecdote.

I looked at a new BMW car in 1984. [Being an engineer I roll around under cars to look at them] It would be a really good car for $8k, but they wanted $16k, so I bought a better car, a Saab, for $11k.
That is just my anecdote.

2019 Update, I shot everything this year with Leupold VX-6HD scopes that cost $2k.
I am driving a supercharged BMW that my daughter in law gave me. Really good used car for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.