Portable car charger!!

So what happens when hydrogen fuel becomes safe, effective and available? No more batteries with hydrogen when it's fully developed without need for battery backup. IMO, that technology is on immediate horizon. Plus it's the next home power system.
I think the technology is already here for H2 fuel but not being released. NASA already has H2 engines/generators for Space. It would be a real game changer to have an almost infinite resource from H2O to get the H2.
If you look at the weapons that are made, we went from Atomic Bomb, Nuclear, and Hydrogen the most powerful that countries won't even make hydrogen Bombs anymore.
H2 is where future is for energy.

So if we are going green here , with the huge solar fields all around and the current rate of turbine installation in the mid Michigan area . Why the heck is Consumers Energy burying a 3' diameter gas line 5 miles from my house ? It runs through the property of people that have to use propane for fuel . Where is the natural gas coming from ? Where is it going ? Inquiring minds want to know! Can you SMELLLLLLLLLLL what the Rock is cooking?

I don't know how after the thousands of gallons of fuel it takes to mine the minerals for all the batteries they can say this is a better option. They burn thru more diesel in a day than I'd use in a year

They reported on Red Eye Radio once that the mining, transportation and refining of the raw lithium equated to roughly 80k miles before the vehicle ever left the dealership. I will send them an email to try and get a link to the article they used as a reference.

Environmental Cost of EVs

Haha

Attachments

• IMG_0818.png
    IMG_0818.png
    165.8 KB · Views: 34
I always have to laugh at the "all electric" crowd and their total ignorance as to where the electricity comes from. And the mining required for lithium and rare earth metals. I see nothing wrong with new technology, but it should not cause more pollution than the old technology. People are hand fed one part of the equation and can't seem to step back and see the big picture. I am in full agreement with H2 as the future for power.

The difficult storage of enough hydrogen, in gas form in an automobile tank, limits the car to a very short distance. In order to make hydrogen viable for normal ranges is it must be stored in liquid form at cryo temps. Big money for that in an automobile.
However, fuel cells can convert hydrocarbons like propane, gasoline, etc..., into hydrogen to be burned and converted into water vapor. Not that a fuel cell is cheap.

Last edited:
The America Rescue Plan Act of 2021 🤮, budget ~$7.4 BILLION to construct 500K charging stations. In 3 years, 8 have been built. So 0.000016 of the total allocated.

So EVEN if the EV program had "traction" or was "current" with the administration, it's laughable how poorly it's managed and implemented.

The problem is the implementation requirements are so convoluted with minority contractor requirements that construction is not possible even in populated areas.

Can you even understand the lunacy of this program? Many of us here worked or are working in manufacturing, this kind of implementation failure is end of your manufacturing career, period. But yet acceptable routinely at government level. Insanity.

The development of hydrogen fuel stations is far more likely and Toyota has committed to this technology instead of standard lithium battery concepts. This is one hellava position to take in contradiction of the US Government. What does that tell you that one of the most technological innovated companies in the world has put all their chips in on this technology? They KNOW this works and will lead not FOLLOW! I am not a Toyota guy but I ADMIRE and RESPECT companies that exercise their beliefs in their products!

The America Rescue Plan Act of 2021 🤮, budget ~$7.4 BILLION to construct 500K charging stations. In 3 years, 8 have been built. So 0.000016 of the total allocated.

So EVEN if the EV program had "traction" or was "current" with the administration, it's laughable how poorly it's managed and implemented.

The problem is the implementation requirements are so convoluted with minority contractor requirements that construction is not possible even in populated areas.

Can you even understand the lunacy of this program? Many of us here worked or are working in manufacturing, this kind of implementation failure is end of your manufacturing career, period. But yet acceptable routinely at government level. Insanity.
Have ya seen these new Power company linemen trucks that are all electric? When being driven cross-country to a tornado/storm damaged area they also tow a diesel generator on trailer for those trucks. Ya can't make it up these days and be any more ludicrous.

In our area there are very few charging station, for sure in remote locations of state. As I builder im full into cordless tools for workers are most subs.It still hurts, there more expensive, the nail gun are basically not fixable and I probably have 20 batteries that are fist sized, run $100-200 a piece.The years you get out of them vary.But there just grab and go tools

The difficult storage of enough hydrogen, in gas form in an automobile tank, limits the car to a very short distance. In order to make hydrogen viable for normal ranges is it must be stored in liquid form at cryo temps. Big money for that in an automobile.
However, fuel cells can convert hydrocarbons like propane, gasoline, etc..., into hydrogen to be burned and converted into water vapor. Not that a fuel cell is c

In our area there are very few charging station, for sure in remote locations of state. As I builder im full into cordless tools for workers are most subs.It still hurts, there more expensive, the nail gun are basically not fixable and I probably have 20 batteries that are fist sized, run $100-200 a piece.The years you get out of them vary.But there just grab and go tools
I have recently switched to cordless power tools in the shop also. I used a cordless impact for a few weeks, and then went back to the pneumatic impact gun. I don't remember tripping over the hose for the last 40 + years, but I do now.