Pistol accuracy affected???

I don't think you are going to be seeing @nthrut using a pistol scope at any time with his rear-grip specialty pistol.
There are a number of reasons why you would have specialty pistol built like this, and not use it for big game hunting.
You're spot on! BTW, Greg told me mine were the last 2 guns he built. I've had both and prefer rear grip, for my use. I'm having a 6BR built w/ same stock, Defiant single shot action, Kreiger barrel, Trigger Tech Diamond trigger, using Seekins rings and identical March scope.

Any shooting for this pistol will be done on a a table, bench, or truck hood. I have a 100 yd range @ home and belong to a club w/ a 600 yd range. My next endeavor will be to hit a chicken egg @ 600 yds.
This will happen! Wish I could be there to witness it.
Of course, a prairie dog past 600 yards would be even more fun 😇

You're spot on! BTW, Greg told me mine were the last 2 guns he built. I've had both and prefer rear grip, for my use. I'm having a 6BR built w/ same stock, Defiant single shot action, Kreiger barrel, Trigger Tech Diamond trigger, using Seekins rings and identical March scope.

When shooting the 6BR, your recoil is going to drop noticeably.
7.5T?
Plan to shoot VLD's in the 103 grain (Vapor Trail), 105, 107, 108, or 109's?

I don't think you are going to be seeing @nthrut using a pistol scope at any time with his rear-grip specialty pistol.
There are a number of reasons why you would have specialty pistol built like this, and not use it for big game hunting.
You are spot on! BTW, Greg told me, yesterday that mine were the last 2 guns he built. I've had XP's in center grip, but prefer rear grip, for my shooting purposes. I had a Rampro rear grip 6BR, sold it and now, have no idea why. Since Greg is no longer building guns, I'm having Emma Creek Gunworks build another 6BR , w/ same stock, Defiant single shot action, Kreiger 5R barrel, and Trigger Tech Diamond trigger. Being almost 76 yrs old, I've had several XP's, even one back in the late 70's, in the old 6x47 caliber, using the Federal nickel brass. Pistols have always challenged me more than rifles, especially, precision shooting. BTW, it's good to be back on a forum discussing "my interests".

Last edited:
When shooting the 6BR, your recoil is going to drop noticeably.
7.5T?
Plan to shoot VLD's in the 103 grain (Vapor Trail), 105, 107, 108, or 109's?
The 6.5x47 is my long range tool. I'm going a different route w/ the 6BR. I varmint hunt. I'm using a 1x13.5 twist to shoot something like a 65gr Berger. Recoil shouldn't be a factor.

The 6.5x47 is my long range tool. I'm going a different route w/ the 6BR. I varmint hunt. I'm using a 1x13.5 twist to shoot something like a 65gr Berger. Recoil shouldn't be a factor.
Missed that one by a mile...Close range varmint hunting will be fun and more dramatic with the lightweight pills

Any shooting for this pistol will be done on a a table, bench, or truck hood. I have a 100 yd range @ home and belong to a club w/ a 600 yd range. My next endeavor will be to hit a chicken egg @ 600 yds. Can't stand breaks. Kenny Jarrett put one one a 7STW when I was w/ him in 1983. I only had one other on a 338 Lapua, by Gre-'Tan, that I sold. I don't like them. I have several long eyerelief scopes on revolvers and 2 Anschutz Exemplar pistols in 22LR and 17HMr. For long range shooting, hunting, etc. nothing compares to a rifle scope w/ more magnification. I even had a couple of Burris 3-12IE pistol scopes; got rid of them and went to rifle scopes.
Old dog, slow to learn new tricks! Show pictures of egg shoot.