Pennsylvania doe tags

When you shoot a doe.... you kill 3 deer....
doe tags helped along with wolves to ruin our hunting area in Wis.
To be honest. I help a friend at his butcher shop. And we have not seen a big increase in the amount of deer taken from customers, since they increased the tags. The increase is probably different for people that process their own deer.

I haven’t looked at the regulations and it’s is the first I’ve heard of this. So the late season is now a extended rifle season?

Very kind offer and I appreciate it. I’m about as far west as you can go in 1A before hitting Ohio and it would probably be a 4 hour drive to get to 5A for me.
EXTENDED FIREARMS Antlerless Only WMUS 2B, 5C & 5D
Dec. 26-Jan. 25 WMUS 4A, 4D & 5A Jan. 2-20

I haven’t looked at the regulations and it’s is the first I’ve heard of this. So the late season is now a extended rifle season?

Very kind offer and I appreciate it. I’m about as far west as you can go in 1A before hitting Ohio and it would probably be a 4 hour drive to get to 5A for me.

This year they added an extended late antlerless season to 4A, 4D and 5A to help cut down on the deer numbers in those areas as adding additional tags was not getting the results they wanted.

When you shoot a doe.... you kill 3 deer....
doe tags helped along with wolves to ruin our hunting area in Wis.

If we didn’t kill does we would end up with substantially less deer, that’s what happened to the north central areas of PA and why they have so few deer today. They held off on issuing more doe tags back in the day, the deer destroyed the understory in those areas and when the area grew up it could no longer support the number of deer it used to.

Had they done more to control the population from the outset the deer would have had more food and been more plentiful as a result.

If we didn’t kill does we would end up with substantially less deer, that’s what happened to the north central areas of PA and why they have so few deer today. They held off on issuing more doe tags back in the day, the deer destroyed the understory in those areas and when the area grew up it could no longer support the number of deer it used to
I remember about 40 years ago we made a trip up to 2F to a relatives camp near the Allegheny national forest. I was probably 14 and only experienced hunting close to home and seeing a couple deer occasionally. That first day of rifle season I must have seen close to 50 deer! Almost all doe and a few spikes.
It was very exciting but looking back now there was way too many deer for the carrying capacity.

2G seems to get a lot of people from out of state.
I run across a lot of NY plates.
Last year I saw 3 from Florida.
My guess is more so people that retired and moved to Florida coming home to hunt with family for the holidays. NY plates would imply they landed in NY for the rental and the Florida tags being someone who drove up.

My guess is more so people that retired and moved to Florida coming home to hunt with family for the holidays. NY plates would imply they landed in NY for the rental and the Florida tags being someone who drove up.
When our opening day was Monday, I had talked with numerous hunters that had NY & MD tags.

Wasn't them renting vehicles.
They were hunting their opener on Saturday, then coming to PA for the Monday opener.

Still see a bunch of NY tags during rifle season. But mostly during the week, not the Saturday.