Only took me 10 years to do it. She's done

We all wish RL26 was available but I don't even consider it anymore. Too many other great powders available to play with.

I use Lapua in this rifle. I was shocked my preferred brass Alpha doesn't make 30-06. Crazy. But Lapua is great brass.
I'll be playing some more as soon as this heat is done. Takes the fun out of shooting.
Lapua is great brass with good volume too.I'm like you,so many great powders out there that will work great in that 30-06 case.I never appreciated how good the 30-06 is until I started loading for it.I think one thing that holds it back a little is so many old rifles are chambered in it.I think the manufactures are really missing out on a great opportunity with the 30-06 AI.Produce a factory rifle with a 26" barrel,kick the pressure up in the 30-06AI some where in the 60-63K range and I bet it would be a great seller too.Having that extra 1.5-2.0gr advantage and the 26" barrel will give you a step up over an average 30-06.I think you are going to be pleased.I have a standard 30-06 with a 28" barrel.It really gives my 300WSM a challenge. https://www.nosler.com/30-06-springfield-ackley-improved#E6IH40A

Last edited: