Only took me 10 years to do it. She's done

I posted a bunch of years ago about possibly transforming a Remington 700 BDL 30-06 that I UNFORTUNATELY inherited from my brother 10 years ago. PANCREATIC CANCER is a bit ch! Wanted to do it up a bit so to speak but I was way to emotional about doing anything too it let alone even shoot it. Just couldn't.

As years went by I felt a tug that I could maybe start a build using his action. To build something I would really love and still give me fond memories of my Brother.
Research and more research I was able to gather components when components were really difficult to obtain. But I did. Contacted a sort of local smith and we began talking. Got things sent out and now she's done.

I did a slight cartridge change on it. My brother 40 years ago when he bought it says it's the only rifle I need to go hunt whatever he wanted. Good ol 30-06.
I needed to keep the 30-06 in the name so I just added an AI to it. :) so here is my new 30-06 AI

To say I feel great about doing it is an understatement. I know a bunch of you guys said build it as he would of wanted you/me to be happy. I finally got to that point and accepted it and built a beauty IMHO.
Thx brother RIP.
NICE
Really nice build. Every time you take it out it will remind you of your brother. Great Job! 🙏

I posted a bunch of years ago about possibly transforming a Remington 700 BDL 30-06 that I UNFORTUNATELY inherited from my brother 10 years ago. PANCREATIC CANCER is a bit ch! Wanted to do it up a bit so to speak but I was way to emotional about doing anything too it let alone even shoot it. Just couldn't.

As years went by I felt a tug that I could maybe start a build using his action. To build something I would really love and still give me fond memories of my Brother.
Research and more research I was able to gather components when components were really difficult to obtain. But I did. Contacted a sort of local smith and we began talking. Got things sent out and now she's done.

I did a slight cartridge change on it. My brother 40 years ago when he bought it says it's the only rifle I need to go hunt whatever he wanted. Good ol 30-06.
I needed to keep the 30-06 in the name so I just added an AI to it. :) so here is my new 30-06 AI

To say I feel great about doing it is an understatement. I know a bunch of you guys said build it as he would of wanted you/me to be happy. I finally got to that point and accepted it and built a beauty IMHO.
Thx brother RIP.
That's an amazing tribute and I'm sure your Brother would be more than proud. Now go and make some memories with it and look up and smile with each one!

That's a real nice build and tribute to your Brother.I really like a 26" barrel in the 30-06.That length still handles well and gets you around an extra 50fps over a standard 24",with the AI,even more.That rifle would really do great with Reloader 26 and 180gr bullets.You could probably get an easy 3000fps with it.Unfortunately,that powder hasn't been available for awhile,but there are other powders that can get you close. Quick Load data tailored to your rifle and bullet would be helpful to you since there isn't much data for the 30-06 AI,especially with some of the newer powders.I don't know what brass your using,but be aware the difference in volume of different brands.I run Winchester brass in my 30-06's.It has the largest volume compared to other brands I've checked.Remington brass had the least volume.Good Luck and enjoy your build.

That's a real nice build and tribute to your Brother.I really like a 26" barrel in the 30-06.That length still handles well and gets you around an extra 50fps over a standard 24",with the AI,even more.That rifle would really do great with Reloader 26 and 180gr bullets.You could probably get an easy 3000fps with it.Unfortunately,that powder hasn't been available for awhile,but there are other powders that can get you close. Quick Load data tailored to your rifle and bullet would be helpful to you since there isn't much data for the 30-06 AI,especially with some of the newer powders.I don't know what brass your using,but be aware the difference in volume of different brands.I run Winchester brass in my 30-06's.It has the largest volume compared to other brands I've checked.Remington brass had the least volume.Good Luck and enjoy your build.
We all wish RL26 was available but I don't even consider it anymore. Too many other great powders available to play with.

I use Lapua in this rifle. I was shocked my preferred brass Alpha doesn't make 30-06. Crazy. But Lapua is great brass.
I'll be playing some more as soon as this heat is done. Takes the fun out of shooting.