Old eyes struggling to read the turret?

I have gotten old enough to need reading glasses. I struggled this season seeing the ballistic turret in low light conditions but then had a hell of a time using reading glasses in the urgent seconds of set-up for a shoot in the mountains. This is never an issue in practice but at game time I struggled to read the numbers and mark on the turret, and keep the animal in the scope etc.. I guess prescription shooting / sun glasses are the best option - even if they tend to fog up. Has anyone figured a better solution?

I shoot mils and hash type,my drops are same,so I can hold in reticle.My 200 zero get me to 825 where my cross hair scale changes My headlamp is in side pouch

Last edited:
I shoot Mil/FFP so I can use the reticle if I need to. At matches I can barely make out the Mil marks and then just count the clicks for tenths. So far, so good :) I tried shooting with reading glasses and just couldn't make it work for me.....

I have gotten old enough to need reading glasses. I struggled this season seeing the ballistic turret in low light conditions but then had a hell of a time using reading glasses in the urgent seconds of set-up for a shoot in the mountains. This is never an issue in practice but at game time I struggled to read the numbers and mark on the turret, and keep the animal in the scope etc.. I guess prescription shooting / sun glasses are the best option - even if they tend to fog up. Has anyone figured a better solution?
I think I have created a solution at least in my mind but I am wanting to try to get a patent for this idea and cannot reveal it just yet .I have some vision problems and wear trifocal lenses, this year I got contacts so I didn't have to carry glasses and they wouldn't fog up and then the issue of turrets came up where I need readers this is where my idea comes in but that's about all I can reveal now

I think I have created a solution at least in my mind but I am wanting to try to get a patent for this idea and cannot reveal it just yet .I have some vision problems and wear trifocal lenses, this year I got contacts so I didn't have to carry glasses and they wouldn't fog up and then the issue of turrets came up where I need readers this is where my idea comes in but that's about all I can reveal now
Let me know when you're ready to put it out!

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube

They have one at BugHoles [<link] also and they are proud of it.

I just use white nail polish to put line/dot just above the correct setting for what is NORMAL enviormentals for my area. But only do this for out to 400yds. The 400 covers MOST situations and if further I do pull out the reading glasses. The nail polish is not permanent , can be changed if needed and still pretty durable. The white stands out really well against the black turret. Below is pic from my 243 Win which I carry most. Dot before the 3 is my 300.

Attachments

• 20211212_074059.jpeg
    20211212_074059.jpeg
    238.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I had the same problem at dusk/dawn. While my eyesight is fine with sufficient daylight, since turning 60, my low light vision has degraded. Prescription bi-focals took a bit of getting used, but solved the problem quite nicely, not only for seeing detail like the turret values, but improving overall low light vision in general. I didn't realize this until had the eye doctor do the testing on my overall vision. Can't fight the hands of time!

Clearly (ha ha), I am not the first to snuggle with this issue. Thank you for a the good suggestions. I will look into the label maker or even the nail polish solution. The magnifier looks cool. Can't wait to see 338 Dude's new solution / patent. Thanks all...