Not many of us left doing this.

bfarms

Probably my most favorite crop to grow. Definitely pays better than the corn and beans. With the hassle of getting labor it's slowly dying out around me. Ps. Somone send some rain this way soon lol.

Attachments

• IMG_4555.jpeg
    IMG_4555.jpeg
    425.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
I haven't seen a tobacco field in a long time. I guess it was the last time I visited my long deceased aunt in NC decades ago. When I was a kid in the South, I saw a few farmers still growing, but even those guys ceased 50 or more years ago.
It really is a dying crop. It’s very hard to find help anymore. Even the h2a workers are getting harder to get. Plus the government regulations on the h2a workers are getting expensive

Not the old JD 40 I grew up walking behind keeping the planters unclogged and then finally graduated to driving. Man, those were very different times than now.
I wasn't around then. I'm 32. Some of the best memories growing up was in the tobacco patch. My grandfather is now gone and my dad doesn't farm anymore after he died. So it just me. Times have changed a lot in just my time. So has equipment. This 3010 is the oldest I run. Jumping off of it and getting into a r series is like a Time Machine lol

I wasn't around then. I'm 32. Some of the best memories growing up was in the tobacco patch. My grandfather is now gone and my dad doesn't farm anymore after he died. So it just me. Times have changed a lot in just my time. So has equipment. This 3010 is the oldest I run. Jumping off of it and getting into a r series is like a Time Machine lol
I hear you. The most advanced and largest tractor I every drove was a late 60's JD 4020....

Old saying about our "dirt"-
If you stick with it, it will stick with/to you.
Well you better run it by a certain member on here to make sure you get the right ratio before you spread it. If not you will trash the crop and burn the dirt up. And make sure you put a lab radar on the spreader. Any other chrono is off even when the drop data is right on! You might be putting on a ton when you are trying to put on 2.

Recent Posts