Nikon 4-16 (223 specific)

Mornistsrt

Ordered a Nikon 4-16 223 BDC reticle (at his request) (side parallelax), store pickup for a customers Savage 223 Model 16 bolt rifle, went through the mounting, set and lapped the rings and levelled and mounted the scope and the scope would not zero, in fact, it was at least 50 moa off in elevation and maximum rotation. I'm scrathing my head so of course I dropped in another scope and it was just fine....

It went back but a royal PITA. First time that ever happened to me, hopefully, the last time.

Not a Nikon fan but the customer is always right. It came from Cabelas and it returned to Cabelas, hopefully, some one else don't get it, Cabelas is good for that.

I have 1 nikon that has 308win drops. M-tac 308 4-16x42. I have the nikon app that you select the optic and ammo used. Here's some pics from it. Ro had on the issue with it and glad they took the return!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241017_033748_Nikon SpotOn.jpg
    Screenshot_20241017_033748_Nikon SpotOn.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20241017_033731_Nikon SpotOn.jpg
    Screenshot_20241017_033731_Nikon SpotOn.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20241017_033723_Nikon SpotOn.jpg
    Screenshot_20241017_033723_Nikon SpotOn.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20241017_033643_Nikon SpotOn.jpg
    Screenshot_20241017_033643_Nikon SpotOn.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 6
I've only owned 2 Nikon scopes. 1 was a pro staff that the rear lens fell out of that was used on a .308 returned to Nikon for repair an sold it really cheap.
2nd Nikon was a bdc .223 I can't remember the exact name that sits on a AR-15 I built but rarely shoot.
I thought Nikon was no longer making scopes?
If they are I wouldn't buy one.
I hope he has better luck with them then I have.

I have a few Nikon's from 5-10 years years ago or so and so far they have been decent. Few Pro Staff and 1 Monarch that is pretty nice but hey I am no expert that is for sure.

Only owned a few and they came with budget rifles as combos or got in trade on rifles. I will say the one that did well on Ruger Ranch rifle in 223 was the Nikon P223 scope in 3-9x40 with exposed locking turrets that actually work and return to zero. It may be a unicorn but its spot on on out to 0- 300 yds on compact rifle. Great little truck or atv gun. I probably shouldn't have said anything now the lens will probably fall off next time I go out 😳

I have the .223 on my AR , it works fine , but I've sent three Monarchs back for payment , they give you like 85% back , I think ...
My 1 Monarch did go down on me and I sent it back and it took forever for the silly clowns to send me a new one... I was never hard on it nor did I drop it or anything like that. Doesn't seem like anything is made properly and durably anymore.

My 1 Monarch did go down on me and I sent it back and it took forever for the silly clowns to send me a new one... I was never hard on it nor did I drop it or anything like that. Doesn't seem like anything is made properly and durably anymore.
Nightforce and Trijicon are the only two brands I use anymore . I had seven Nikons at one time , down to three .

Nikon got out of the scope business a few years ago and sold out their factory to CrimsonTrace. The guys who started TractOptics from what I understand were senior engineers for Nikon. Nikon doesn't even list rifle scopes in the sport optics area of their website. Only Binos, Fieldscopes-spotting scope, and RFs.

Ordered a Nikon 4-16 223 BDC reticle (at his request) (side parallelax), store pickup for a customers Savage 223 Model 16 bolt rifle, went through the mounting, set and lapped the rings and levelled and mounted the scope and the scope would not zero, in fact, it was at least 50 moa off in elevation and maximum rotation. I'm scrathing my head so of course I dropped in another scope and it was just fine....

It went back but a royal PITA. First time that ever happened to me, hopefully, the last time.

Not a Nikon fan but the customer is always right. It came from Cabelas and it returned to Cabelas, hopefully, some one else don't get it, Cabelas is good for that.
I had the same problem. Call Nikon . They said they know how long handle rifle scopes. That they could give me credit to buy a different item so I bought a spotting scope with the credit. disappointed in Nikon

Nikon got out of the scope business a few years ago and sold out their factory to CrimsonTrace. The guys who started TractOptics from what I understand were senior engineers for Nikon. Nikon doesn't even list rifle scopes in the sport optics area of their website. Only Binos, Fieldscopes-spotting scope, and RFs.
Right Nikon got out of the gun scope business years ago because they were afraid the rich liberals would stop buying their ultra expensive camera gear is what I heard.

Recent Posts