Night force NSX for hunting

I rarely run across anyone at a gun store who really knows what they are talking about. Maybe it’s just me but I have heard some of the dumbest stuff from gun shop employees. I write it off to the pay they offer, those guys do not pay enough to get really knowledgeable people to work for them.

I rarely run across anyone at a gun store who really knows what they are talking about. Maybe it's just me but I have heard some of the dumbest stuff from gun shop employees. I write it off to the pay they offer, those guys do not pay enough to get really knowledgeable people to work for them.
Couldn’t agree more.
The one situation I can think of, where the employee floored me with honesty and knowledge, he looked at me and said, “ this would be a great location for a real gun store”.

I have an NXS 5.5-22x56 MOAR-T and it is not my first choice for a hunting scope especially if you are looking for a low light option. Too much magnification & the illumination is terrible in my opinion. It completely washes out the reticle at dusk and you have to remove the battery to adjust it to your desired brightness. That being said- it has great glass for daylight shooting, turrets track well, and it's a tough scope. I'll stick with my Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-10x56 for low light hunting.

I really like Nightforce scopes, have more NSX, some benchrest and a couple vintage Varmint models. All have been perfect. Low light plenty good for hunting but…

I use no Nightforce scopes on hunting rifles. too heavy and with needed mounting system for a NXS the 8-11# hunting setup is top heavy too. Balance is important to me. Have a SHV in 3-10 that’s not too bad on weight but still chunky for what it is.