Next 30 cal build, which caliber? - 300PRC, 30 Nosler, .300 Norma, 300 WSM, etc?

I've got a 300 win mag in the classifieds that's proven to push a 215 over 2950 without pressure signs. It's got room to spare in the mag box and seats the 215 out nearly perfect. Shameless plug. That said I'm selling it and building a shorter, lighter nosler.

I wouldn't waste my time and money on a PRC over the 300 WM, especially with the known clicker issues.

30 Nosler properly throated to run the bullet of your choice seated at the neck/shoulder junction would be where I'd start.

I'm in the process of a 300 Norma Improved build myself.
What made you pick the 300 NI over the 30N?

Hi All, looking for some advise on what my next rifle caliber should be. The gun will be used primarily for elk/mule deer hunting in Colorado, Wyoming, etc.

I currently have a .300WM with a 1-10 twist that only gets about 2,750-2,800 fps with Berger 215's and I feel that I could do better. I have about 300 Berger 230's that I plan to run through this new build (or the 215's, we'll see).

I'm strongly considering a .300PRC (1-9 twist) or a 30 Nosler. The real question is, would the PRC be that big of an upgrade to the 300WM? If not, would the 30Nosler or 300NM be?

I have read a bunch of good things on the Nosler, but how is the barrel life for everyone300 PRC 1:8 twist

4-500 yards- keep your 300wm--- no reason to go bigger unless you just want a new gun. Heck 4-500 you'd be fine with a 30-06
At that distance I'm with the majority. No reason not to stick with the 300 WM unless you have an itch. One of my 300 WM I shoot the 208's w/ N565 at 3,079'. Very consistent an it will shoot sub 1/2 moa at 1000 yards.

Then again I myself am currently building a 30 nosler 😂😂😂👍

At that distance I'm with the majority. No reason not to stick with the 300 WM unless you have an itch. One of my 300 WM I shoot the 208's w/ N565 at 3,079'. Very consistent an it will shoot sub 1/2 moa at 1000 yards.

Then again I myself am currently building a 30 nosler 😂😂😂👍
On I'm still keeping my .300WM, but considering another 30 cal lol. That's some impressive speed and accuracy, guessing a custom rifle?

What are your specs and components on that Nosler build?

On I'm still keeping my .300WM, but considering another 30 cal lol. That's some impressive speed and accuracy, guessing a custom rifle?

What are your specs and components on that Nosler build?
It's a rifle I built so yes.

The nosler is:
AntiX
Benchmark 9T
Ober. BTM
Manner LRH stock
TI Beast II brake
Diamond TT

There was an excellent article by Ron Spomer in the April Edition of Sporting Classics Magazine that addressed this issue...... 300 Win. Mag vs 300PRC....it basically boiled down to this :
For ringing steel for Precision at Competition , choose the .300 PRC &
For hunting North American Big Game at distance , chose the .300 Win Mag.
The bullets are engineered differently, the PRC for small groups & the Win Mag for penetration & expansion.

The bullets are engineered differently, the PRC for small groups & the Win Mag for penetration & expansion.
I didn't watch the video but...***? you can shoot the same projectile out of both cartridges. Yes PRC is more likely to come loaded with a high BC boat tail bullet but no reason you can't load what ever you want in there.