Newspaper article implicating Lake City

Ok this story is a little long winded, back in the 80's I was reloading some 10mm rounds for my brothers delta elite.

He was half asleep he doesn't really wake up for an hour in the morning. He was cycling the rounds I had loaded checking to see if they chambered and fed from the magazine fine. He had a magazine full of Winchester 175 grain silver tips he was also checking, he thought he ejected the magazine and cycled the round out of the chamber but he never ejected the magazine and he cycled another round in the chamber and turned to me to tell me the ones that I had loaded were ok.

He never got to tell me when he turned he touched off the trigger and sent a 175 grain silver tip through his leg. As soon as he shot I turned and looked at him from the back side he was moving his head and looking down and i had thought good he just shot the wall. As soon as I thought that he said oh **** and got up and tried to run to the bathroom. He didn't make it six feet and fell down, he had a hole in his inside left leg just above the knee and an exit holes 4 inches long on the outside of the knee.

Now we in our family kinda jokes a little bit when bad things happen, to lighten the situation. I looked down at his leg and at least it wasn't pumping blood out. I grabbed a sock and a wash cloth, what was handy and applied pressure.

Then I said what the hell did you do that for, he was freaking out and said I don't know I'm sorry. I kinda snickered to myself, hear he was hurt and he's telling me I'm sorry. I said it's okay we'll get you fixed up.

The ambulance was called the police show up and we get him off to the hospital. Right after the ambulance leaves the channel 10 news team shows up and wants to know the story and are talking to my dad about it. They ask him if they could get a picture of the gun, I tell my dad who is a little naive to just let it go it's just going to fuel their fire for gun control, he thinks about it for a few seconds walks inside and shuts the door on them.

Now here comes the part that really ****ed me off we were watching the news later on that night and they said me and my brother were fighting over the gun and I shot him. That's when I learned the news is ******** and don't believe anything I can't corroborate.

They don't care about the facts anymore, they just want to push their agenda or sensationalize what they report to make the story bigger than it is. No integrity anymore! Makes me sad to think about how this country is going to hell because of the lack of pride, integrity, harmony and respect.

Now I hope you see that I really do understand what you are saying. Thanks for stating how you feel, makes me have a little faith in my fellow Americans.
You did demand a complete public retraction, right? There's no way I would let that defamation go unchecked. Can you say "lawsuit"?

You did demand a complete public retraction, right? There's no way I would let that defamation go unchecked. Can you say "lawsuit"?
Oh I wanted to I was so mad but my dad talked me out of it and I was young.

He is really a great guy but he has a turn the other cheek attitude but there are just some times I can't do that anymore.

Ok this story is a little long winded, back in the 80's I was reloading some 10mm rounds for my brothers delta elite.

He was half asleep he doesn't really wake up for an hour in the morning. He was cycling the rounds I had loaded checking to see if they chambered and fed from the magazine fine. He had a magazine full of Winchester 175 grain silver tips he was also checking, he thought he ejected the magazine and cycled the round out of the chamber but he never ejected the magazine and he cycled another round in the chamber and turned to me to tell me the ones that I had loaded were ok.

He never got to tell me when he turned he touched off the trigger and sent a 175 grain silver tip through his leg. As soon as he shot I turned and looked at him from the back side he was moving his head and looking down and i had thought good he just shot the wall. As soon as I thought that he said oh **** and got up and tried to run to the bathroom. He didn't make it six feet and fell down, he had a hole in his inside left leg just above the knee and an exit holes 4 inches long on the outside of the knee.

Now we in our family kinda jokes a little bit when bad things happen, to lighten the situation. I looked down at his leg and at least it wasn't pumping blood out. I grabbed a sock and a wash cloth, what was handy and applied pressure.

Then I said what the hell did you do that for, he was freaking out and said I don't know I'm sorry. I kinda snickered to myself, hear he was hurt and he's telling me I'm sorry. I said it's okay we'll get you fixed up.

The ambulance was called the police show up and we get him off to the hospital. Right after the ambulance leaves the channel 10 news team shows up and wants to know the story and are talking to my dad about it. They ask him if they could get a picture of the gun, I tell my dad who is a little naive to just let it go it's just going to fuel their fire for gun control, he thinks about it for a few seconds walks inside and shuts the door on them.

Now here comes the part that really ****ed me off we were watching the news later on that night and they said me and my brother were fighting over the gun and I shot him. That's when I learned the news is ******** and don't believe anything I can't corroborate.

They don't care about the facts anymore, they just want to push their agenda or sensationalize what they report to make the story bigger than it is. No integrity anymore! Makes me sad to think about how this country is going to hell because of the lack of pride, integrity, harmony and respect.

Now I hope you see that I really do understand what you are saying. Thanks for stating how you feel, makes me have a little faith in my fellow Americans.
Thank you for sharing that, yes... we are both on the same page, hope your brother made a full recovery. Stay in the fight, and don't be fooled by all the bovie anal seepage of the so-called "news media" The sycophants that work for them will say anything to get a story... they have no moral compass or ethos! and in the end, they believe their own lies. Cheers. "Keep the faith!"

Thank you for sharing that, yes... we are both on the same page, hope your brother made a full recovery. Stay in the fight, and don't be fooled by all the bovie anal seepage of the so-called "news media" The sycophants that work for them will say anything to get a story... they have no moral compass or ethos! and in the end, they believe their own lies. Cheers. "Keep the faith!"
Yes he is fine, the way he was sitting, the fact he rode bicycles and had much muscle mass and the bullet pretty much failed to hold together ( made me wonder about Winchester silver tips ) a big piece of the jacket actually went through his leg bounced of the wall and landed on the bed behind him. He was walking without crutches several days later and full recovery in 2 1/2 weeks.

When he was at the hospital a male Canadian nurse had to comment he was glad he was from Canada where they have gun control. My brother looked at him and said he had gun control he was the one who shot himself the gun didn't do it. Wish we had more people own their own mistakes.

I'm not against Canadians we have Canadian ancestry but I hate non thinking liberals and you can't use logic on them. Either they won't believe it or can't understand. I think they have some special kind of brain damage lol.

Yes he is fine, the way he was sitting, the fact he rode bicycles and had much muscle mass and the bullet pretty much failed to hold together ( made me wonder about Winchester silver tips ) a big piece of the jacket actually went through his leg bounced of the wall and landed on the bed behind him. He was walking without crutches several days later and full recovery in 2 1/2 weeks.

When he was at the hospital a male Canadian nurse had to comment he was glad he was from Canada where they have gun control. My brother looked at him and said he had gun control he was the one who shot himself the gun didn't do it. Wish we had more people own their own mistakes.

I'm not against Canadians we have Canadian ancestry but I hate non thinking liberals and you can't use logic on them. Either they won't believe it or can't understand. I think they have some special kind of brain damage lol.

Canada is very much divided into 2 groups.
Eastern Canada if in large cities, they are mostly crazy liberals. As you head west it becomes much less so, but there are still some liberal whackos in the cities even out west. Go to more rural areas though and its just deep hatred for liberals and trudeau. Where i live, you would probably have to ask 10,000 people, before you can find 1 who is a liberal. It's actually common to see vehicles around here with decals stating how much they hate trudeau and or liberals. Many of us, me included, wish that Canada would be divided into 2, we keep BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and the Yukon. Then the east does whatever they want to.
If you want to visit Canada and be in a pro gun, we hate liberals area, come on up to BC anywhere north of Vancouver, and no need to be very far north of Vancouver either. By the time you get to Abbotsford or Chilliwack its like a different world than Vancouver is.

Last edited:

Glad he made it. Canadians, and gun control, the Canadian government weaponized gun control like many of the anti-gun governments do. Same with Australia and the U.K. the fact is Australia acually has more guns than they did.. look it up. The U.K. has far more firearms than people think, and Canada the same, it's more about the type of weapons and the propaganda the new media and government manure spreader, yeah... they'd like to get all the firearms, and they'd like to make you think they've gotten them all when they tell you how safe gun free blue cities and states are, one of the big lies. I think a lot of the Canadian people, I used to shoot competitively in Chilliwack B.C did so for many years at one time. I've worked off and on with the RCMP and shot with them as well, I've always found the Canadian people to be fine folks with a great sense of humor, they need to change their government, or readjust it a little, yep just like with us here, get things back on the right track.
It's funny how libtards in these countries including here in the USA think gun control means there are no more guns and the criminals don't have them either because they've turned their guns in, what buffoons! It reminded me of something said; I think it was Mark Twain, "Intelligence has its limitation, ignorance & stupidity has none" paraphrased. I get fed up with the lying on the left and their news rag sycophants, gaslighting us on everything from the Green Deal to Gender... and of course Guns and Crime. Their... (libtards) problem(s) is; it's not that they'd be caught in a lie and not be believed, it's that they tell so many lies that they can't believe anyone else, that has to be an insane way to live life. Okay... Cheers