Newspaper article implicating Lake City

C-130 Dude

Like lots of you guys, I use Lake City produced ammo.

On Sunday 12 Nov 2023, the New York Times ran an article about the Lake City ammo plant. The article seemed to be implying that LC was somehow complicit in the mass shootings occurring. Over production of ammo and its sale to commercial companies for resale had somehow been causal in the shootings.

We all know that ammo sale itself doesn't mean that it will be used for nefarious purposes. It's the individual that is responsible for its use.

Its an interesting article and worth the read. The article is a 3 page spread. I attached a photo of the front page. For those interested, look it up.

20231113_141113.jpg

To each their own but I wouldn't waste my money on that liberal propaganda and definitely wouldn't waste any time reading it.
The left have been pushing for LC to stop any production for anything other than military use.
I posted this more to bring attention to the ammo production than what some think about how some of the ammo is being used. Interesting to get some insight into how the production contract works. Allowing commercial sales of ammo thats above what the government needs. And what history has told us what happens when we allow ammo production to wane in peacetime.

I wish I could have posted the entire article. The copyright police might have bit me.

When reading this, the bs filter must be turned on. That's a givin. The information is important no matter who reports it. I get my news from many many sources.

You know the old saying, "believe 75% of what you see, 50% of what you read, and 25% of what you hear". Or something like that.

I filter the important stuff to me. Don't you have to do this to everything you read these days?

Didn't LC recently cancel commercial sales to focus on military contracts?

I knew I had read it

Didn't LC recently cancel commercial sales to focus on military contracts?

I knew I had read it

No.

Thanks for posting what you could. My take away? Yup... Just another attempt to stir up public ( unknowledgeable, uninformed, public ) sentiment (emotions...caues they can't use logic, else it's turned back on them) against private folks owning guns. It's the availability of that evil military grade ammo that makes these nut balls take that final dive into madness. Absolute and utter bull oney. Was well written, tho. Must of been an Ivy Leaguer.

I used to read the Times up until ~Y2K. I started noticing errors in their spelling and grammar on their front page. Since then, especially in the last 12 years, they have devolved into little more than a woke mouthpiece.
Their twisting or misrepresentation of fact has been so common, I question the veracity of any piece published by them. That, and their bias, are clearly exemplified by the piece "Project 1619". When called out by dozens of historians on their inaccuracies in the piece, the Times stood fast.
I refuse to give credo to a rag that publishes slanted rubbish which promotes the decayed society we currently see, and actively works at accelerating that decay.

The problem is, many Americans DO read and give credo to the NYT. As much as I disagree with what they write I feel it's important to know what's being said and by whom.