New vs. old leica rifle scopes

tribb

Would like your input as to the ruggedness of the erector system and clarity of glass. Comparing the leica Magnus and the newer models like amplus. Thanks for your help and comments. Tribb

Would like your input as to the ruggedness of the erector system and clarity of glass. Comparing the leica Magnus and the newer models like amplus. Thanks for your help and comments. Tribb
I too like Leica binos glass above all others I've experienced including Swarovski. Been using Leica binos for over 15 years most of which was in rugged W. Texas country. Never owned a Leica scope but as I recall, some models are weight competitive with Leupold and Swaro, and all 3 are generally lighter than Zeiss in the models I've shopped. I would not hesitate to buy a used Leica scope that met all of my parameters.

Last edited:
I too like Leica binos glass above all others I've experienced including Swarovski. Been using Leica binos for over 15 years most of which was in rugged W. Texas country. Never owned a Leica scope but as I recall, some models are weight competitive with Leupold and Swaro, and all 3 are generally lighter than Zeiss in the models I've shopped. I would not hesitate to buy a used Leica scope that met all of my parameters.
Thank you

..at one time they made the best glass on the planet, haven't been following it much lately but I see March scopes sitting on top of the best shooters rifles at the competitions I attend out to a 1000 ..can't believe it would be bad nowadays

..at one time they made the best glass on the planet, haven't been following it much lately but I see March scopes sitting on top of the best shooters rifles at the competitions I attend out to a 1000 ..can't believe it would be bad nowadays
Thank you much sir