How interchangeable are stocks

I don't understand how a chassis makes that worse. I only use a chassis for hunting these days as does my wife.

Just curious if you could elaborate.
Well….I personally can't shoulder one as fast as a traditional stock and with the grip being so vertical it's hard for me to get the safety off. If the safety was on the left like an AR it would be fine but with it being on the high right I personally just can't get to it comfortably and fast. And then there's every branch in the entire state that seems to find its way into every hole in the skeleton stock on my MDT. Chassis just don't work for me while whitetail hunting. At matches they're fine and what I prefer but not in the woods.

Last edited:
700 footprint should be modular to any 700 footprint ACTION of the same length. Ancillaries like the trigger, safety, bolt release, bolt journal, and recoil lug might require some file work.
I did a little measuring and found that a CA, 700, Springfield and Terminus action are all within a few thousands of each other in width and the ejection ports are close. The Solus is quite a bit narrower and the ejection port is much longer. All of them have different recoil lugs and the bolt handle sweeps are different and the Aero has the trigger hanger to deal with. My guess is like you said, with a little work they would all fit in the same stock but to get every ounce of accuracy they should probably be action/stock specific. I assume that's why McMillan told me what they did, so the don't get a bad reputation for shoddy work?