New to reloading 300wsm

I seem to have a slow barrel. I am loading 66.6 grains. Maybe it will speed up, I dunno I am at pressure for my barrel.
I'm about a 1/2 grain more-- I'm pretty much just shy of max pressure for my rifle, was getting ejector swipes wirh more and backed off a bit

I've heard that 6.5sb might be the new goto powder for 300wsm though, might experiment with it just a bit to see where it hits pressure and what speed it gets.

I'm about a 1/2 grain more-- I'm pretty much just shy of max pressure for my rifle, was getting ejector swipes wirh more and backed off a bit

I've heard that 6.5sb might be the new goto powder for 300wsm though, might experiment with it just a bit to see where it hits pressure and what speed it gets.
I've been using staball 6.5 in mine. It is fast, but it also pressure spikes fast as well.

H4350 has always worked great for me in multiple 300WSM I've loaded for. I've used it for 165s-210s. My first few choices would be the berger 180 elites or 205 elites. If you are tight on magazine space I'd try the 185 classic hunter.

Also, I've had great luck with Standard primers in that case with h4350. To think of it I don't believe the mag primers have ever showed better results for me when loading for the 300wsm.

For Elk MY 300WSM Tikka likes 178 ELDXs but for deer and Antelope I think the 180 class stuff is too much. I use Nosler 150 BT, Accubonds tend to burn thru on broad side rib shots. I've had no issues with Berger 168 classic hunters either.I've taken deer out to 386 yards with the Noslers with great terminal results. I do use the 180 Noslers BT in my 30-06 but loaded down to around 2650 fps
, been using that combo for over 40 years with many big northern deer getting a dirt nap. Both loaded with IMR 4350 the 300WSM is loaded to max at 2955 fps.

Hello everybody, I'm fairly new to reloading but I have loaded for my 17 hornet, recently spun a new barrel for my custom rifle chambered in 300 wsm, I want to hunt deer, antelope, and maybe elk in the future, I usually won't shoot game past 5-600 yards and like to keep it under 500, however I will shoot steel out further. I want to use h4350 powder since I have some already, not sure what primers and bullets to go with, I have looked into the 180g accubond and it looks like a good contender for my needs but I'm looking for more experienced peoples advice! Let me know what you recommend
I use 67.5 gr IMR4350 with a 165gr Nosler Silvertip - Winchester magnum primers- 3150 FPS. Very accurate- took big mule deer at 612 yds. Love my 300 wsm

Hello everybody, I'm fairly new to reloading but I have loaded for my 17 hornet, recently spun a new barrel for my custom rifle chambered in 300 wsm, I want to hunt deer, antelope, and maybe elk in the future, I usually won't shoot game past 5-600 yards and like to keep it under 500, however I will shoot steel out further. I want to use h4350 powder since I have some already, not sure what primers and bullets to go with, I have looked into the 180g accubond and it looks like a good contender for my needs but I'm looking for more experienced peoples advice! Let me know what you recommend
I like RL 19 for 300 WSM... if you can locate it!

I'm running - Berger 205 EH over 66 grains of N560 with CCI 250 Magnum Primers. 24"Proof CF Barrel with a 1-9 twist attached to a trued up REM 700 Action. Velocity comes in at 2835 FPS

The loads I use in my 270 WSM and 300 WSM with H4350, I use regular large rifle primers. I tried LRMP with it and never got the accuracy and consistency as with regular LRP and H4350.

One powder I've had great luck with in the 300 wsm is superformance. It's not a popular option, making it easier to find, but it sends180-200gr bullets fast with very decent accuracy.