New rifle

While I don't have any if those actions or brands of rifles I do have (3) 300wm's (24" 9.25t, 26" 10t, 30" 9t). All are 110 actions with the 24 and 26 being production rifles. The 30" is a c6 barrel. I would think Zermatt for an option. That's if you're for a build by a gunsmith or even building 1 yourself.

300 WM factory ammo is still by far more flavors available and will probably be for years to come.

Of those I'd say the Seekings has several marks above the others for the money. Great ergonomics, customer service and quality will be delivered as expected! I believe the bolt will have an interchangeable bolt face too? Their accuracy guarantee is also real. Look hard at the Seekins.

Read and watch some reviews on fierce. Draw your own conclusions.

Leupold v-5's are a good value, v-6 just a few other items not worth it at all. Set it at 300 yards and hunt. If dialing, Trijicon of some flavor that meets your focal plane goal and don't let brand jealousy steal your dollars.

If you are planning to shoot and dialing a lot at the range you may consider a less expensive Nightforce for your 6.5. No one needs to practice getting kicked by a mule.

I have a Seekins PH2 in 7mag and a Fierce Fury in 6.5 PRC currently. Both shoot more precisely than I can and both are very well built. Weight carries about the same with both. Stocks are different concepts, but both are very ridged and barreled action to stock is well executed. Chambers offer no surprises and both barrels have been very easy to clean right from the start. I only have the one example of the Seekins and I am happy with mine. I have worked with a few of the Fierce rifles, mine and a couple of Edges in 6.5 Creed and 7 mag. All three have been fantastic. To me they feel, sound, and shoot like custom guns. I have heard the horror stories. Oddly the bad pub all seems to come from ordered guns with slow production and terrible CS. Seems like if you buy a built gun from a distributor and don't have to deal with Fierce it's a great experience. That is a scary thought when spending that kind of money. I have only seen the Proof rifles never fired or loaded for one.

I think Bergara, Fierce, Seekins, etc all fit that mold.
Fierce are a Sako 85 clone, not Rem 700. Proof I think uses a Zermatt action for their rifles (Rem 700 clone).

Honestly, if those three rifles that you listed, I'm not sure that you can go wrong. I'd probably lean towards Proof though. They're a good company and have been really good to me in the past.

VX-5HD and VX-6HD both, apparently, have the same glass in them. The extra magnification of the VX6 would be nice at times. Otherwise the other features that are extra are the locking and exposed windage turret, while the VX5's is capped. Then the illumination, which includes their anti-can't feature built into the scope.

Just me, but I have bought a Bargara. HMR-PRO in the 300 Win Mag. And just sighting in (under 100) rds down range using a 50yd small bore target, that has been reduced for shooting @ 50 FT and Shot at 100 YDS. This is not my first 300 WM but is likely the BEST SHOOTER!
IMG_1465.jpeg
IMG_1478.jpeg
IMG_1478.jpeg
IMG_1465.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1478.jpeg
    IMG_1478.jpeg
    340.9 KB · Views: 13
The cost is dependent on your choice of components. It's not on .300 WM, but the following are the semi-custom budget builds I did using Savage LAs.

View attachment 542082
.257 WBY:
As pictured...

Savage 110 LA = $300
Oryx chassis = $400
McGowen prefit = $432
MBM 4-port = $125
Custom bolt handle = $90
Recoil lug = $30
Barrel nut = $30
5-round PMag = $40

$1447

View attachment 542084
.264 WM

Savage 111F LA with factory trigger adjusted down to 2.5 LBS, pre-fit 26" SS X-caliber 5R, 1:7", Choate sniper rifle stock, 4-port beast brake, Burris XTR sig rings, 20 MOA Weaver rail, and topped with Leupold LRP 6.5-20x50 FFP.

I do not remember the component price breakdown, but it was ~$1K.

View attachment 542085
.270 AI (https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/my-budget-270-ai.97745/#post-691221)

$199 - Savage 110 L/A
$370 - Lilja 30" barrel, 3-groove, 1:8, #6 contour (.750" at the muzzle).
$250 - square action, thread, chamber, crown, sand blast, and install (by Dave
Young, Sand Coulee, MT)
$110 - B&C Duramaxx stock (olive web)
$ 40 - EGW zero MOA rail (might have to go for a 20 MOA later)
$ 30 - lug
First of all your builds look awesome. Curious... I noticed you have three different stocks. Of the three stocks which do you prefer for hunting? Is there anything you do not like about the stocks?

First of all your builds look awesome. Curious... I noticed you have three different stocks. Of the three stocks which do you prefer for hunting? Is there anything you do not like about the stocks?
Thanks! I like trying different stuff. I do not have any preferences on hunting stocks. I understand chassis is not for everybody, but I had no issues adjusting to it. I wish the Oryx has a folding stock, but for $400, I can't really complain, esp. for a budget build. I have other folding stocks on my customs, but they are 3X the cost. Cheers!

All are good options, I've got a Fierce CT Edge chambered in 300 Remington Ultra Magnum that shoots Factory Barnes 180gr TTSX's into tiny groups (Sub 1/2" MOA). Have the target from Fierce to confirm this statement. Currently topped with a Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56mm in FFP MOAR reticle. This rifle was recently serviced & cleaned by the Rifle Guru, he said the bore & barrel look to be in NEW condition. PM me for more Pictures & details.

Attachments

• IMG_5768.jpeg
    IMG_5768.jpeg
    348.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5767.jpeg
    IMG_5767.jpeg
    228.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5371.png
    IMG_5371.png
    305.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5370.png
    IMG_5370.png
    283.9 KB · Views: 31
It's always fun to think about what rifle you are gettin next. It kind of comes down to whether you are up for a project or just want to buy something and go shoot/hunt. If you ever jump into the reloading world, everything opens up including your wallet.

I will say the Leupold scope caps are my favorite style. The 6 series comes with them but the 5 series does not.

I reviewed the Seekins here: