New Here Too

Howdy,
I'm from live in Central Texas and have been hunting for over 40 years. I enjoy all sorts of hunting, especially western big game and birds.

My family ranches in NM too and we do sell antelope hunts occasionally and I have one of those left for this year (August 26-28). If you have advice for what forum to post that in here, I'm all ears. It's big country and we have a lot of bucks.

Thanks.
Welcome from Denton

Thank you all!

Folks asked: I live in Austin.

My family's ranch is in NE New Mexico. It's almost 6000 acres and is privately deeded so there is no access for public hunting. Because of that, no draw is required. You just pay the trespass fee and buy your NM antelope and hunting permits, and you're good to go. It is sandwiched between two massive ranches and has a natural north/south funnel across it, so we have great antelope hunting. It's wide open country and offers the possiblity of long range hunting though the majority of the bucks I've killed have been under 275 yards.

We do it every year, and, if the hunters are good hunters, they get first right of refusal for the next year. Most people tend to want to return, so that saves having to market the hunts every year. At this time I have one hunt remaining.

Thanks again, I have a lot to learn yet about the LR game and reloading!

Welcome to the forum Ted. Texasphotog is a good friend of mine and I like to think I had a little bit to do in convincing him to come on board. He's a great g by uy and has much to offer. I've hunted with him at his ranch and will say that it's a beautiful ranch with lots of goats, many of which are really big ones.
Welcome from Oklahoma & I'm glad you're here.
Thanks, Cliff!

DSC05200-XL.jpg

DSC03739-X2.jpg

I shot these on our place about ten days ago.

In the bottom picture, the fifth buck from the left (behind the doe) is an absolute toad. I think he'd get your name in the books.