New 28 nosler help

Have any of you guys tried the hornaday brass, is it any better?

No, it isn't the greatest brass. Go with Bertram or ADG spend the extra money. I have the same problem with the nosler brass, too soft. I am getting 4 to 5 reloads with my load. Probably will get more with annealling. When this batch of Nosler brass is done, I will probably got to one of the others, just waiting on reviews.

No, it isn't the greatest brass. Go with Bertram or ADG spend the extra money. I have the same problem with the nosler brass, too soft. I am getting 4 to 5 reloads with my load. Probably will get more with annealling. When this batch of Nosler brass is done, I will probably got to one of the others, just waiting on reviews.
And you know that the Hornady brass "isn't the greatest" how? Have you tried it in 28 Nosler? It's actually pretty decent for the price, it's not Peterson or Starline quality, but works well enough to get 7 firings out of it, before annealing and at $40-$45/100 from Mid South, I'm good. I was looking at the Hornady 28 Nosler last night, but not at $50/20! I'l just try and keep calm and wait til ADG finally puts out a batch?! So until then I'l still use Nosler, because that's pretty much, all we got to work with, for the forseeable future.

I was curious, did you check OAL and the case length after shooting? I was trying to see if they may have oversized its' length, as sometimes happens at factories, causing the overpressure. Just a thought.

I was curious, did you check OAL and the case length after shooting? I was trying to see if they may have oversized its' length, as sometimes happens at factories, causing the overpressure. Just a thought.
I didn't think about oal of the cases, the bullets checked fine, I'll check the shoulders when I get home.

Tell me are you cleaning the barrel between rounds? A few years ago I made the mistake I'm not completely drying out the chamber between shots as I was breaking in a rifle. That extra liquid caused increases in pressure and a stiff Bolt lift. Other than that I would ask Christensen Arms. I believe their Chambers are standard SAAMI 28 Nosler Chambers but you might validate.

Tell me are you cleaning the barrel between rounds? A few years ago I made the mistake I'm not completely drying out the chamber between shots as I was breaking in a rifle. That extra liquid caused increases in pressure and a stiff Bolt lift. Other than that I would ask Christensen Arms. I believe their Chambers are standard SAAMI 28 Nosler Chambers but you might validate.
I called christenson and they told me it was normal for nosler ammo in there guns

I called christenson and they told me it was normal for nosler ammo in there guns
Did they tell you they use a minimum saami and very tight head space they would not give specs their guns are set up for factory ammo per Christensen. Have had the same problem in 3 28's nosler brass sucks and Hornady isn't to far behind. Oh and yes I have used it. Hornady's ammo isn't to bad, gave good ES mid 30's especially compared to nosler factory ammo

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.