Needs some help on picking a scope.

Kenton Industries is amazing, i had a dial done up for a friend and he shot his game farm bison at 430 yards. He came back that following week and told me it was dead on. That just reassured me that Kenton Industries is the company to go for when ordering an aftermarket dial.
As long as you give them accurate information, and do not drastically change your hunting conditions/locations.

Oh absolutely, I wouldn't send in false information. I am to worried about someone yelling at me for messing something up and wasting their money, that's why I make sure that everything is correct before doing anything.

Last edited:
One thing to consider is the reticle. I am moving more towards simpler reticle then having 10,000 lines in my line of sight on my hunting guns. And virtually every scope maker has their version of these, but (and I just screen captured 2 from vortex) but for my 280 AI (good choice by the way!!!) I have a simpler reticle because it can be used in the bush and if I'm shooting at distance I dial in both windage and elevation.

I have seen guys miss running deer because they didn't know which line they were looking at when pulling the trigger. At about 250 yards, the one guy realized he was looking at the 600 yard line kind of thing. Lead wise he was perfect for a fast walking deer... elevation wise he need to let that deer walk for another 15 minutes at least!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240725_163057_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240725_163057_Samsung Internet.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20240725_162900_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240725_162900_Samsung Internet.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 20
One thing to consider is the reticle. I am moving more towards simpler reticle then having 10,000 lines in my line of sight on my hunting guns. And virtually every scope maker has their version of these, but (and I just screen captured 2 from vortex) but for my 280 AI (good choice by the way!!!) I have a simpler reticle because it can be used in the bush and if I'm shooting at distance I dial in both windage and elevation.

I have seen guys miss running deer because they didn't know which line they were looking at when pulling the trigger. At about 250 yards, the one guy realized he was looking at the 600 yard line kind of thing. Lead wise he was perfect for a fast walking deer... elevation wise he need to let that deer walk for another 15 minutes at least!!
I favor a simple reticle that allows quick easy acquisition of a sight picture. I like illumination. I really like the Swarovski illuminated circle-dot; you can select to have an illuminated dot or an illuminated dot surrounded by a much larger illuminated circle. Two intensity levels, daytime and dusk.

Of course this scope is designed for short to normal range hunting and lacks any of the reticle gradations that are used on long range scopes. What's best for long range, where you are shooting a stationary target, differs greatly from what's best for short range, where the target may be flying by at high speed. One emphasizes precision the other high reaction speed.

I ended up getting a Leupold. A VX6 HD 4x24x52mm cds-zl2 TMOA reticle. Going to get 2 different dails cut. When i go on bear hunt next spring. I will put the original dail on it. Shoot my gun when I get out there.
Awesome choice......I have the same optic in 3-18X44 with the TMOA.... the greater magnification will serve you well.
It topped off my Aero Precision M5.
Your smart to get the dials as well.
I know you will enjoy it.
Congratulations!

Attachments

• a.p.m5.Leu..jpg
    a.p.m5.Leu..jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 34
  • TMOA.jpg
    TMOA.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 28
I almost bought a used VX6 3x18x44mm TMOA. Guy sold it at a good price. When I order the 4x24x52mm it said demo. But when I got it. The box had never been opened. So they sent me a new scope. But at demo cost.

I almost bought a used VX6 3x18x44mm TMOA. Guy sold it at a good price. When I order the 4x24x52mm it said demo. But when I got it. The box had never been opened. So they sent me a new scope. But at demo cost.
SCORE!!!!........You came out ahead!!! Nice job, was it from EuroOptic? I have heard they have good deals on demo's.

Yep that's where I got it. First time ordering from them. Fast shipping too. Now if work would slow down a little. My new rifle is still in the box. And the scope is too.

Last edited:
Yep that's where I got it. First time ordering from them. Fast shipping too. Now if work would slow down a little. My new rifle is still in the box. And the scope is too.
Way Cool!!!......your set! I have long looked at their web site, they have good "demo" deals for sure!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!