Need a new field dressing knife

I have a few benchmades I like but I still find myself always using the outdoor edge knives. The folding blade knives stays sharp for along time. I’ve cleaned and cut up a hand full of deer before I touch it up. The replaceable blade model is nice when your cutting up a lot or nick your blade on something when your way out in the woods. You can order the replacement blades just about anywhere.

I just picked up an Esee Ashley Game Knife. It is a unique design made specifically for field dressing and boning big game.
I started on the AGK 3 years ago and it's by far my favorite. Excellent shape for processing game from skinning to quartering. Will handle an entire elk no problem and takes only a few strokes to handle the next elk. It's made a few converts already. People see how fast n smooth it works and recognize it's way above average.

Havalon Baracuta. Replaceable blade "filet" knife. You are not going to be splitting a pelvis with one, but for about $2.50, you will have a brand new scapel sharp blade every time. Takes 1 blade for a deer or pronghorn. 1-2 blades for an elk depending on how you cut the skin and if you keep them off the bones. Super lightweight too. Carry a small bone saw too. I use the Gerber bone/wood saw. I can't tell you how many bones I have cut through with it.

I have a bunch of very high quality folder and fixed blades knives. Even some nice customs. I always end up grabbing a Havalon when I have game down.
Havalons are great. I used mine for 5 deer before I bought the Bear Cub. I still carry the havalon as a backup.

I have a handful of hunting knives and these 2 are my favorite.
Bark River Knives and Arkansas made Dozier.
20240628_082620.jpg

If there's one thing I'm not buying from China, it's my hunting knives.

I started on the AGK 3 years ago and it's by far my favorite. Excellent shape for processing game from skinning to quartering. Will handle an entire elk no problem and takes only a few strokes to handle the next elk. It's made a few converts already. People see how fast n smooth it works and recognize it's way above average.
I look forward to using it. The long handle and blade design just feels right in hand. It is going to make a great hunting knife for sure. It was “sharp” when i got it, but I took a 1200 grit diamond and leather strop to it and it will literally split hairs now.

Give Dave McCroskey a call. He makes some fantastic knives. Will PM you.

McCroskey knives will shock you in how they retain an edge for several elk, and I skinned and butchered 8 deer with mine before it needed a touch-up. I grew up skinning deer, fish, and ducks with my taxidermist uncle, and have little patience for poor-quality steel.

The Elk Skinner McCroskey knife will do it all, but I had to have the trapper set after a friend told me he skinned 300 beavers with his before the blade needed touching up. No doubt, the knives are sharper than a surgeon's knife.

McCroskey knives will shock you in how they retain an edge for several elk, and I skinned and butchered 8 deer with mine before it needed a touch-up. I grew up skinning deer, fish, and ducks with my taxidermist uncle, and have little patience for poor-quality steel.

The Elk Skinner McCroskey knife will do it all, but I had to have the trapper set after a friend told me he skinned 300 beavers with his before the blade needed touching up. No doubt, the knives are sharper than a surgeon's knife.
300 beavers is crazy.

Looks are one thing, performance is another. I want an incredible working knife that stays super sharp, the McCroskey Testimonials speak for themselves. Somethings you just have to experience.

When you think of passing down items to the kids that hunt, the McCroskey knives are one of the cherished items that come to mind, and they are kept in the gun safe, not in a drawer.