Nearly perfect timing

marksman1941

I think this is more humorous than anything, but I've been chasing a few bears in my local spot this year that I've seen on camera. I went in to check cams last week, and 7 minutes after I left the spot one of the bears came ambling through right behind me. Not sure if it was circumstantial or if he was trying to see what was making noise in his woods. He's not the big boy in the area but he's big enough to make some sausage out of!

Attachments

• MFDC0153.jpeg
    MFDC0153.jpeg
    405.6 KB · Views: 77
  • MFDC0155.jpeg
    MFDC0155.jpeg
    330.6 KB · Views: 76
  • MFDC0156.jpeg
    MFDC0156.jpeg
    329.3 KB · Views: 77
  • MFDC0157.jpeg
    MFDC0157.jpeg
    326.1 KB · Views: 75
Thanks for the great pictures you shared. Do you have a good bear sausage recipe you would care to share? Thanks.
I'm fairly new to bear, and so far have taken them to a processor. If I get one this year I'll buy a grinder and try it myself

He looks healthy, we have been having some issues with mange in this region.
I'm sorry to hear that! They've been looking really healthy this year. I caught a gorgeous cinnamon sow with cubs on camera a few weeks earlier.

Attachments

• MFDC0059.jpeg
    MFDC0059.jpeg
    374.9 KB · Views: 4
  • MFDC0060.jpeg
    MFDC0060.jpeg
    374.8 KB · Views: 4
I was a very successful bear guide for 15 years only had one hunter not fill there tag and if she hunted a few more days it would have been filled on a nice large bear....one thing I cannot change the weather.....
Have had many bears hit the bait right after I replenished it....its like they were waiting for some fresh food usually small to medium size bears want to get some food before the bigger bears hit the bait....all a large bear needs to do is stay out of sight and have there sent blow to the bait it will keep any smaller bears away then afer dark walk right in a get there snack....

Don't wait to long to fill your tag bears are real close to getting ready to take there winter nap.....as long as there was good food supply the colder weather will slow them down and bait hits will get real slow or just stop....

I was a very successful bear guide for 15 years only had one hunter not fill there tag and if she hunted a few more days it would have been filled on a nice large bear....one thing I cannot change the weather.....
Have had many bears hit the bait right after I replenished it....its like they were waiting for some fresh food usually small to medium size bears want to get some food before the bigger bears hit the bait....all a large bear needs to do is stay out of sight and have there sent blow to the bait it will keep any smaller bears away then afer dark walk right in a get there snack....

Don't wait to long to fill your tag bears are real close to getting ready to take there winter nap.....as long as there was good food supply the colder weather will slow them down and bait hits will get real slow or just stop....
We can't bait bear in oregon, so it's even harder right now. Believe it or not, early August when the berries are ripe is the best time to hunt them here. It's hot, but you can reliably find them. This late in the year we look for scrub oak, as the bears are mostly eating acorns now. It also doesn't get cold enough here for them to truly hibernate, they just slow down a lot, so you'll still see bear into December sometimes