Man Survives a Bear Attack Near Sterling, Ak

Amazed that he survived without using a 10 mm semi-auto…..with extended magazine! 🙀

In spite of a very poor choice of handguns, I'm very happy that he's OK and will recover! memtb
Ha Ha, he killed the bear with his ol 44! He only had minor injuries. Has anyone with a fully loaded Glock 20/40 ever come in 2nd place, in a bear/man fight?

Last edited:
I hiked the Applanation Trail A LOT. There was some Bear proof shelters with chain-link that could be locked. Could fit probably 10 hikers. My Dog Edward and I would go solo all the time. Would set up camp off the trail A few time Hoggs were snorting on the tent walls and even had a Black Bear do the same thing . I use to sleep with my dad's 1911 loaded with Speer hollow points or Gold Dots. Edward (84 l was a good alarm system and most animals run away. I am through with that style of camping. We Jill and I go back with a four wheel truck we had a bigger tent tables a nice home made pond in the creek. We would bring the 12 gauge 181/5", 44 mag model 29 on my side and 357 Model for Jill. Had a run in with a mother and two cubs. Black beasr are unpredictable. they made a movie about us Called "Back Country" :D